Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
elorenza
My Device: 8310
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Installation of Blackberry Desktop Software fails: looking for Blackberry 8310.msi file

Windows refuses to uninstall the BlackBERry Desktop software.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: Installation of Blackberry Desktop Software fails: looking for Blackberry 8310.msi file

elorenza wrote:

Windows refuses to uninstall the BlackBERry Desktop software.

hello,

we can help you provided you give us a bit more information. What is the exact error message ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SamberWarren
My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks all, successfully deleted the file folder and re-installed. Still had the same problem... However, I discovered that it was a problem with my WIN XP, not DTM. After installing Windows 7, I reinstalled the DTM and it works fine.

Samuel Warren
"All that glitters is not gold" -J.R.R. Tolkien
Please use plain text.
tc1stl
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Sprint

Hello Xandrex,

I'm running in to the same problem as everyone, it seems.  I have done as you suggested and installed the 7-Zip.  When the error message pops up, I try to browse to the new location of the Blackberry Desktop Software installation package, but the file is looking for a "BlackBerry 8830.msi".  It says that the installation package I try to link it to it is "not a valid installation package for the product BlackBerry v4.2.2 for the 8830 Series Wireless Device.  It then asks me to find the same 8830.msi file.  What am I doing wrong exactly?  I have the BlackBerry Tour 9630, just FYI, if that helps.

thanks,

tc.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

tc1stl wrote:

Hello Xandrex,

I'm running in to the same problem as everyone, it seems.  I have done as you suggested and installed the 7-Zip.  When the error message pops up, I try to browse to the new location of the Blackberry Desktop Software installation package, but the file is looking for a "BlackBerry 8830.msi".  It says that the installation package I try to link it to it is "not a valid installation package for the product BlackBerry v4.2.2 for the 8830 Series Wireless Device.  It then asks me to find the same 8830.msi file.  What am I doing wrong exactly?  I have the BlackBerry Tour 9630, just FYI, if that helps.

thanks,

tc.

hello tc

you seem to be doing things in an incorrect order. You should at first use 7zip to decompress the exe file into a folder, that will contain the *.msi file. next to the *.msi file will be another small exe, that is the one you must launch.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jeffreyshoap
My Device: Blackberry Storm
My Carrier: AT&T

You saved my life.  Thanks!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
forrest999
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: att

Would this issue be causing my DTM 6.0.2 install to hang/freeze every time I go through the install/uninstall/reboot process?  I've been at this for 3 days, and I can't get DTM 6.0.2 to even start properly.  I have a 9800 Torch, but the device isn't even connected/recognized yet.  Very frustrating.

Please use plain text.
--
New Contributor
--
My Device: mexico blackberry9000
My Carrier: electrical technician

dandy
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
WyoSyclone
My Device: Storm
My Carrier: Verizon

I've had to reinstall Windows 7 due to a non-related issue.

I cannot install the Blackberry desktop software - I the install partially succeeds, then gives me this error.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q230/wyosyclone/Misc/blackberryproblem.jpg

Has anyone seen this before, or have any suggestions?

Thank you,

Rob

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

@WyoSyclone

Please read these two solved questions about that:
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=1402#/?solved=true&q=1402&sea...

Please use plain text.