Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
bruin92
My Device: Tour 9630
Accepted Solution

Intellisync: Unknown Error Reported

When I try to synchronize in my Blackberry Desktop Manager a window pops up that says "Unknown Error Reported". I was able to sync only once when I first installed the desktop software and when i opened it the next time this error started showing up. Any ideas is greatly appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Intellisync: Unknown Error Reported

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Here's a few KB's that discuss that error...

KB13801 Unknown Error Reported
KB04244 An unknown error was encountered

There are many more -- you can search the KB database for "Unknown Error" (or something even more refined) here:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/searchEntry.do

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bruin92
My Device: Tour 9630

Thanks sdgardne,

Disabling the UAC did the trick. 

Please use plain text.
Wanderlust58
My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Verizon

Environment:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Intel Core 2 Duo T5800 @ 2.00 GHz

4 GB RAM

Had DM 5.whatever, installed 6.0 yesterday

BB Curve 8330 connected by a USB cable

Symptom:

When trying to synchronize with Outlook 2007, I get the "Unknown error reported" as reported in this thread.

Steps Taken:

1. Uninstalled 5.x and 6.0 through Windows Control Panel.

2.  Followed the steps in KB13801, including the registry stuff (I used CCleaner).

3. Rebooted.

4. Reinstalled DM 6.0.

5. Now it can't even recognize my device, even though Windows can!

6. Wanting to uninstall DM6, clean out the registry again, and install DM5.x

Any suggesztions?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
billgentles
My Device: 9700 OS 6.0
My Carrier: Bell

I get the same "Unknown error reported" when trying to configure organizer settings.

BBY 9700

Windows XP

Syncronization works fine with desktop software 5.0. I upgraded to desktop software 6.0 and get this error. I worked through resolutions 1- 4 in the Knowledge base article KB13801. Thinking of switching to non BBY phone having wasted so much time on this...

Any help would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kgunch
My Device: Not Specified

Couldn' ab considering switching to a different phone.  I never had the "Unknown error" problem with previous versions of the software, and I'm now fixing it for the third time in about six months.  As a solo business owner, this is a huge waste of my time, especially if I have  to try three or four different options for solving it.  Please, just give me the option of going back to the old software.  I have no idea what was changed in the new version, or why.  As far as I can tell, all it does is load much more slowly and gives me problems.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

kgunch wrote:

Couldn' ab considering switching to a different phone.  I never had the "Unknown error" problem with previous versions of the software, and I'm now fixing it for the third time in about six months.  As a solo business owner, this is a huge waste of my time, especially if I have  to try three or four different options for solving it.  Please, just give me the option of going back to the old software.  I have no idea what was changed in the new version, or why.  As far as I can tell, all it does is load much more slowly and gives me problems.

Hello,

RIM makes many older versions available via this portal:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
MCOATL
My Device: Not Specified

Most of these steps did not help me.  Uninstalled v6, cleaned up registry w Glary Utilities (1 click maintenance option) and reinstalled v6 made it work.  3+ hrs wasted on something that the RIM QA process should have caught.  Should not be an issue with standard config PCs.  Will go w Android or Apple device when time comes to get a new one.  Too many issues over the years w/ RIM desktop software quality

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
volkracing7
My Device: BB 8520
My Carrier: vodafone IN

Intellisync: Unknown Error Reported

" Intellisync: Unknown Error Reported"

This problem came up in DM 6,soi tried un-installing it & reloaded DM 5.but the same thing keeps coming up.having a rough without backing up my contacts.pls help.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
KathrynB
My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Telus

I just started a thread with this question too. I didn't realize this was here. I look through what people have done, and it might as well be in Greek to me.

Is there a solution that is in English? As others have said, I have wasted a lot of time on this nonsense on top of getting my computer back in order after it broke down. I am ready to go back to paper and smoke signals!

Please use plain text.