Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
opadesk12
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

Issues with Sync of Notes/Memos with Outlook

I had set my Blackberry sync to be two way between my phone device and Outlook on my computer.  Somehow the Notes data on my computer got messed up.  I tried to delete all of the Notes.  Then I set my Blackberry sync to be one way from the device to the computer and synced it.  That worked to add the Notes to the computer.  I reset the sync setting to two way.  Now every time I run a sync it wants to add 200+ and delete 200+.  Once more I reset it to one way and chose "replace all files on [receiving end]."  That worked, too.  Reset setting to two way.  It still wants to add 200+ plus and delete 200+ files. 

I am afraid I will either end up with everything showing up twice or everything being deleted and don't want to take the risk.  So I have either "rejected" or "canceled" sync of Notes.

How do I get back to having sync only refer to new changes going forward and not to wholesale deletions or duplications?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Issues with Sync of Notes/Memos with Outlook

Try this:

Make sure you have the Notes as you want them in Outlook.  I recommend exporting your Notes file to a .pst file as a backup just in case anything goes wrong while you're experimenting.  I always do this when I set up a new sync.

Make a full backup of your BB with Desktop Software.

Use Desktop Software to delete ONLY the Memo data base on the BB device. 

Now do a two-way sync.  If all goes well you should be back in business.  If things don't go well you can always import the Notes .pst file you made back into Outlook.   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
opadesk12
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Appreciate the suggestion for resolving the issue.  Although I resolved it another way (when BB indicated that it would re-install deleted files if available -- which they weren't), these instructions provided method for knowing I could recreate files if necessary.  Thanks for your help.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Glad to hear its resolved!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.