Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
MGCandFNC
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Lotus Notes Calendar Synchronization Crashes

PC : IBM Thinkpad R50e : Windows XP SP3

Email: Lotus Notes 8.0.1

BB : Blackberry Storm

I had originally setup Contacts & Calendar synchronization via USB.  Everything initially functioned OK.

Calendar - 2 way push/pull.

Then about a week ago the Calendar update ran, flagged the update changes. When accepted the Desktop Manager software crashed with a prompt to send the issue to Microsoft. I uninstalled the BB Desktop Software. Ensured the registry entries were clean etc. Reinstalled BB Desktop Software.

Calendar sync failed.

Then attempted a one way push -- Lotus Notes calendar to BB.  Ran OK.  2-way push/pull fails.

Any thoughts on what is causing this would be appreciated.

Murray

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jvaccaro728

Re: Lotus Notes Calendar Synchronization Crashes

I am in the same boat.  I just got the BB Storm 9530.  I installed the DM that came from Verizon.  It worked all day for ONE day.  Tried to sync today and got "The Desktop Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close.  Sorry for the inconvenience".  I went to all the forums and tried all the tips and tricks - deleted the database, deleted the Intellisync folders, etc. etc. Finally, I downloaded DM 4.7.0.32, installed it, but I have the same issue.  I can push from Lotus Notes 8.0.3 to the Storm and it works fine.  I tried to push from the Storm to LN, but it failed and bi-directional sync always fails.  This seems to be an issue that has been around for quite a while, if you read the official and unofficial forums.  RIM really needs to figure this out and fix it.  BTW.... Contacts works just fine, it is only the Calendar.  I hope someone has an answer so we can ALL resolve this issue.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MGCandFNC

Hi -- I am endeavouring to escalate this issue to the RIM/IBM Lotus development team via a Product Maintenance Request [PMR] -- will keep you posted.

Murray

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Please read the attached links for information on Louts notes desktop software errors.

The information is from the IBM and Blackberry knowledgebase articles.

Thanks,

Bifocals

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=899&uid=swg21213786

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB15925&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jvaccaro728

Bifocals:  Been there done that with all the "tips" from Blackberry.  None of them resolve the issue.  If you start deleting all the documents that the log says are "corrupt" you will end up with no calendar items.  After much playing around, I have discovered an issue with the sync of "attendees".  Once I turned off that field mapping, I have been able to sync fine (at least for the last 24 hours).  Luckily, I do not need to see the attendees on my BB, so not syncing that field works for me.  I still have an issue with alarms not working properly.  The alarm goes off on my laptop (in Notes) but not on the BB, I have to set in manually there.

There is definitely an issue with Intellisync and LN.  I work for Big Blue and I know there are plenty of Notes geeks that could probably figured it out.  In fact, they have probably abandoned Intellisync and written there own sync programs.  It is time for RIM to stand up and fix these issues.  These sync threads go way back in time....

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MGCandFNC

J & Bifocals -- I plan to check out the IBM Technote -- I am actually an IBM Lotus business partner -- so was planning to escalate this to the Lotus/RIM development team.

J -- the extra info re the Attendees is useful.  With the 11 way push from Notes to BB -- my Calendar reminders are working OK.

More when I have had the chance to do some testing.

Murray

Please use plain text.
FromVenezuela

The issue is not with the Atendee field...I selected the field mapping and disable few fields (private, notify me, etc), leaving the Attendee field selected and it worked...Seems a problem with a limited amount of fields to sync...

FromVenezuela

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
iturbide

[ Edited ]
I had the same problem here:

- Windows XP SP3 - English
- Blackberry Desktop 4.7.0.7 (Nov 4 2008) -English
- Lotus Notes 8.5 (20081211.1925) - English

Blackberry Desktop crashes with syncronizng when it is on the  "Reading from Lotus Notes Calendar" process.

Workarround 1 - > Disabling Attendees sync.
On the main manu selected "Synchronize" Them Configure->Synchronization. Clicked "Synchronization" button. Selected calendar from Intellisync Menu and clicked "Advanced" them "Map Fields". Disabled the arrow between "Attendees <-> Meeting Attendees". Press "OK".

It passed the "Reading from Lotus Notes Calendar" process and worked for me. It didn't crash.
Message Edited by iturbide on 04-05-2009 09:10 PM
Message Edited by iturbide on 04-05-2009 09:11 PM
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MGCandFNC

iturbide   -- you are right -- deactivating the Attendee sync resolves the issue  :smileyhappy:

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and feedback

Murray

iturbide wrote:

Blackberry Desktop crashes with syncronizng when it is on the  "Reading from Lotus Notes Calendar" process.

On the main manu selected "Synchronize" Them Configure->Synchronization. Clicked "Synchronization" button. Selected calendar from Intellisync Menu and clicked "Advanced" them "Map Fields". Disabled the arrow between "Attendees <-> Meeting Attendees". Press "OK".

It passed the "Reading from Lotus Notes Calendar" process and worked for me. It didn't crash.

Please use plain text.
RLC123

iturbide wrote:

Yes it worked for me as well!  Much appreciated!  I do wonder however how one can eventually get this to work again.  Knowing the attendee list can be nice sometimes :-D

Please use plain text.