Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

ffejnosral
My Device: Not Specified

Media Manager - Runtime Error

[ Edited ]

When attempting to access the pictures on my 8130 through desktop manager v. 4.3, Media Manager, as I always do, I am getting a new error and it isn't allowing me to access the contents of my device. I am using XP. This is what the error window says:

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

X Runtime Error!

Program: C:\program Files\Roxio\Media Manager 9\Mediamanager9.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the applications support team for more information.

OK BUTTON" 

When you close that window another pops up that says:

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

X Runtime Error!

Program: C:\program Files\Roxio\Media Manager 9\Mediamanager9.exe

R6025

- pure virtual function call.

OK BUTTON"

Roxi Media Manager is integrated with Desktop Manager and I don't know how exactly to proceed. Anyone that may be able to point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate.  

Message Edited by ffejnosral on 06-09-2008 01:55 PM
Please use plain text.
migrax

Re: Media Manager - Runtime Error

I am receiving this exact same error message whenever I attempt to launch the media manager from within the Desktop Manager. It shows the Roxio splash and then the error message. I am rather disappointed as I was wanting to "customize" my new blackberry but it seems now I get to be like boring old everyone else.

I have done some research on google and it seems that there is talk about the software not liking IE7 or Windows Media Player 11. You can roll back WMP 11 but not IE7, which I wouldn't do anyway. So I guess I am dead in the water. The woes of modern technology...  Awesome phone by the way, I just hate the software... much like my Zune. I think programmers should oughta talk to each other to avoid these pitfalls.

migrax

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
williaro

click on start, run, type msconfig, click on services, check all roxio programs, restart pc, try again.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mcurtiz

williaro wrote:
click on start, run, type msconfig, click on services, check all roxio programs, restart pc, try again.
I have same problem/error. Newest BB DTM but so far no solution. Tried Williaro's suggestion - no Roxio programs listed to check(?). 
Mark
Pearl 8100 & 8120 on Orange | 4.5.0.5.52
BB DTM 4.5.075
nc6220 Pen M | Vista Biz 6.0.6000.20752
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mcurtiz

I found a solution that has worked for me. I ran the install (450_b016_english.exe) and followed the prompts to modify the installation (I planned on removing Roxio/MM9 component). But before I did that, I ticked to install the 'certificate synchronisation' (copyright/private keys stuff I think) feature just to see what would happen. It went through the install, restarted the PC, and hey presto! all working. It did ask for a password to be set presumably for the synch certs thing to work.

I didn't like that so then I decided to rerun the install and untick/remove the certifictae thing (being curious to see if I would be back to MM9 errors), followed the prompts, restarted the PC and hey presto! still working.

This suggests that in my case MM9 couldn't work because of an essential but missing setting, component, registry change, or such like that is not reversed when Certs are uninstalled.

BTW - I had to use the full OEM installation file because the option from within installed programs in the control panel required the temporary .msi file that is created during installation and is cleaned out once completed.

Using BB DTM 4.5 / BB 8120 / Vista Biz PC (fully patched).

Mark
Pearl 8100 & 8120 on Orange | 4.5.0.5.52
BB DTM 4.5.075
nc6220 Pen M | Vista Biz 6.0.6000.20752
Please use plain text.
Contributor
maxx

Migrax, 

I have had nothing but trouble with the software, despite the upgrades they've made in the past few months alone. Now I am getting runtime errors when I try to sync files.

However Windows Media 11 does work well for me, very smooth and fast. I presume you are importing files and downloads to your WM library? Simply plug the USB to the Curve and it should recognize the device. Hit the "Sync" tab, and use just like you would on your Zune.

For other files, I simply use Windows Explorer and do the old "drag and drop."

Whatever the case, this software is highly problematical for a lot of users.  

Please use plain text.
New Developer
jimmy_bucks
My Device: 9550

I have been having the same problems for 3 weeks now. The msconfig works I remember cleaning it out 3 weeks ago set it back to start and good to go.
James s Jezierski
Please use plain text.
vp20cent

Hi, i used to have the same problems. The problem come from a service called Roxio Hard drive watcher that is turned off. 

You just have to go Start>Execute then type services.msc and left-click>properties  and put it back on this service by selecting manual and start or simply automatic. 

Its exactly the same if you turn it on in msconfig except you don't have the choice between automatic and manual and you have to restart your system to verify if it works.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mygb

i had this exact problem

i went into start > run > services.msc and click on everything that had Roxio in the name  and set it to manual then started it up. it worked.

Please use plain text.