Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
Rhind64
My Device: Not Specified

Media Manager will not show my Blackberry

This is very frustrating. I just upgraded from my BB World Edition to the Curve and after I loaded the new desktop software I find that I can synchronize just fine and my add and delete applications tab works but for some reason the Roxio media management will not show my Blackberry in the "devices" area. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the desktop software with no luck, after reading another thread here i loaded the desktop software in the English only mode,still no luck. Also my Blackberry will not show in Windows explorer either.

I even thought about going back to the earlier desktop software that I used for my 8830, but will this older version work with my new Curve? I would really appreciate any thoughts or advice on this as I've always liked the way my earlier Blackberry's have worked with no problems. Thanks!

Rick

Please use plain text.
Developer
Gareth
My Device: 8520, 9700

Re: Media Manager will not show my Blackberry

What are you trying to achieve by using Media Mananger?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Rhind64
My Device: Not Specified

Actually that is a very good question! I pretty much thought that you had to use media manager to transfer files to and from your Blackberry. If I dont use media manager is my only other option by using windows explorer and dragging and dropping? If this is a viable way to transfer files I'll just not worry about even using media manager. Thanks!

Rick

Please use plain text.
Developer
Gareth
My Device: 8520, 9700

Thats pretty much all that you can do with the media manager unless you are using the Non blackberry features...

If you just want to transfer files back and forth just cable and enable mass storage and use like a flash drive...

Please use plain text.