Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
EdgarTorres
My Device: Not Specified

Media Mgr missing in Desktop Mgr 4.3.0.15?

I'm running BlackBerry Desktop Manager version 4.3.0.15, with my BlackBerry 8830.  I want to convert some video file for use on my BB.  I also want to copy some miscellaneous files to my BB's storage card, but I can't seem to find the Media Manager referenced in the Desktop Manager Help File.  Is it missing, or is my installation broken?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
angelriche

Re: Media Mgr missing in Desktop Mgr 4.3.0.15?

Make sure that you have installed the version of Desktop manager that has Media.

There are 2 versions available with/without media component. so download the correct version and uninstall the old one and reinstalll it.

Also plz read the below:

ProblemAfter installing BlackBerry Desktop Manager, the Media Manager icon does not appear in BlackBerry Desktop Manager and the Roxio Media Manager program group does not appear in the Microsoft® Windows® application list.

CauseThere is a Roxio product already installed on the computer that is conflicting with the installation of Roxio Media Manager.

ResolutionUninstall all Roxio products on the computer.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
EdgarTorres

Re: Media Mgr missing in Desktop Mgr 4.3.0.15?

Thank you for the tip, angelriche.  Since I didn't keep the source, I couldn't tell which version of the Desktop Manager I had downloaded and installed, so I uninstalled the one I had and downloaded and subsequently installed the version *with* the Media Manager.  Unfortunately, however, after the installation, I was still unable to see the Media Manager.  While installing the program, I noticed that the source was a self-extracting ZIP, so i extracted the source and looked through the source.  I noticed that there was a folder for the Media Manager.  I tried running the installation manually, but it wanted to run as the administrator (eventhough my user is a local administrator).  I launched the installation as the administrator and voila!  I now have the Media Manager...
Please use plain text.