Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

Visitor
SoCalTim
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Media Sync 2.0 Playlist Grey

[ Edited ]
I'm having a problem where Media Sync reads/sees my iTunes playlist but all the items are greyed out.  From prior postings, I've seen that DRM can cause this problem but having the files on a network drive will do the same.  These are NOT DRM so that shouldn't be the problem.  They ARE on a network drive though - being shared by 2 computers.  I've got over 30 gigs of music that I do not want to pull down to a local drive.  Has anyone seen any resolution to this problem?
Message Edited by SoCalTim on 08-31-2009 11:06 AM
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
parlabane

Re: Media Sync 2.0 Playlist Grey

Network drives don't work.

If you map the drive to a drive letter I think it works around this.

Please use plain text.
NickP

Re: Media Sync 2.0 Playlist Grey

I am working with Desktop Manager 4.6 but this solution worked for me. Open BB Media Sync. Go to Options. Change Music Location from media card to device memory and Selected Music Library from iTunes to Windows Media Player. Hit OK. Then wait while a new list of Playlists populates. When I did it I just got an error message telling me there wasn’t enough free space to transfer the playlists but no matter, this is not what I wanted to do. I then went back into Options and switched back to Memory card and iTunes and when I hit OK the lists of playlists in iTunes not only populated but was selectable. NickP
Please use plain text.