If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
fleaning
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: A T & T

My Blackberry 9300 Curve was dropped into the toilet by my daughter

Good day everyone,

My Blackberry 9300 Curve was dropped into the toilet by my daughter.  I had already backed it up and I already have the Blackberry Desktop on my Macbook (which runs Windows and Mac side by side). 

When I connect my blackberry to my Macbook (on the windows side) it opens the Blackberry Desktop and when I click it to connect and repair it finds it but it will only connect for 7 seconds.

The Blackberry is now completely dry.

Can anyone assist me and tell me what I should do next.

Thanks and bye for now

Fran Leaning

Fran Leaning
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: My Blackberry 9300 Curve was dropped into the toilet by my daughter

Water doesn't kill the device. Water and electricity does. When this happened did you attempt to press any buttons while it was wet? The only way to save the devices after this type of damage is to immediately pull the battery and thoroughly dry out the device before reinserting the battery. It can take several days in a warm place or in a bag of rice in order to dry it completely.

Following these steps will often allow the device to be usable once again. However, it isn't always the case.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.