Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

marinewifejtb
My Device: BB 8830
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: My yahoo email was hacked into via my Blackberry 8530 Curve

I have a similar situation that just happen to me this weekend. I dont know if it was linked to my BB phone , email or Facebook, but I now the last thing I remember was checking a message on my phone (my phone has both FB & my email linked to it) from FB while at dinner with my husband. About an hour later I went to use my cellphone and I was connected to a recorded message saying "to activate phone press 1 or to speack to a rep press 2". Now mind you I have had this phone for over a year and have been using it religiously for everything and have never had a problem. I contacted sprint and they said my phone was not active and I spent hours talking to many people explainning my situration. Finally I had to wait til the next morning to go to a Sprint store, where I was able to finally get my phone up and running again. But that is after finding out my ESN # was changed and multiple other settings as well. The same day I tried to log into my email address and my Facebook and both have been hacked into and informations changed. I have not since been able to regain access to my FB or my hotmail account because ofcourse whoever hacked into this changed everything on my accounts.  I have important people on my FB (friends , family , co-workers, etc) no one has helped me because my information does not match.  But if they would look at the pictures and allow me to do a webcam verification they would plainly see this is my account.

Very flustered but hopeful,

Jenn

Please use plain text.
parviz314
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: sprint

I am here to say that this is possible.  This just happened to me yesterday. I sat in a meeting and all of a sudden my phone went crazy with returned emails do to invalid email addresses. 

I checked my email acount when I got home and the sent messages only appear on my blackberry and are not in my yahoo account.   Also when I look at my blackberry the outgoing spam messages have that little check mark next to them as if they were sent from my phone. 

I noticed the guy in front of me had a blackberry and feel he might have had something on his phone that caused this.  

Perhaps a program that turns on my bluetooth and hacks my phone who knows but in todays world nothing and i mean nothing is impossible.   

Please use plain text.
tisround
My Device: 9670 Style
My Carrier: Sprint

I registered my Yahoo Account on my corporate BlackBerry through the app, not on the web at 9pm last night and at 3 am, my entire contacts list was spammed. The was no prior activity on my YH account for 2 days and all house computers had been off for several days. Circumstantially it looks bad for the BB.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,883
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Both tisround and parviz....

Nope. Not a virus on your BlackBerry. Scroll up and read.

No one needs to have hacked your BlackBerry for this.. or even know your password OR username.

The bots just create them and send from any active (and inactive) email accounts they find.

It doesn't matter if your "house computers" have been off or EVEN that you have a computer or a BlackBerry. It's simply spammers run amuck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
deeemail
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: ATT

I'm not sure it appropriate to say anything is 'IMPOSSIBLE'. We cannot predict what can happen in this world, technology based or not.

I have emails from Yahoo fro 2002 that are showing only in my blackberry. ONLY. They are appearing to be sent from the originating sender - something is correlated between Yahoo and Blackberry, and it looks fairly sophisticated.

Either Blackberry, Yahoo, or ATT (ATT provider) need to come up with an answer. No one yet has been able to - because it is unknown. I am appaled at reading this post from a year ago and seeing that someone is arrogant to say 'that's impossible' - NOTHING iS IMPOSSIBLE. Was 9/11 impossible>?

It doesn't appear you are listing to what the person was describing. PERIOD. I am having a bizarre issue as stated above, obviously clear of something being up/wrong: but no one has the answer. APPALLING. Take it serious when someone provides you information and remove your know it all attitude. BS.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Deemail, the scenario presented above, in the one post as asked, was impossible then, and stil impossible today. Will it be impossible in the future? I don't know about the future, I can only speak of then and now. So, we agree on that.

I do know this, I am not the only one on this thread, now, with an attitude.

And, I also know this, with attitude, I am the only one in this thread who understands the origianal poster's issue, and yours as well, and have explained it pretty clearly just a few posts up.  No one has hacked your BlackBerry.

For instance, if you were to give me your email address right now, and the email address of a friend of yours (but don't, this is just for example) I could send a friend of yours an email which appears to originate from you, from your email account and your email address. And, you will not have been hacked, neither you ATT account, Yahoo account, nor your BlackBerry.

deeemail wrote:

Take it serious when someone provides you information and remove your know it all attitude. BS.

Grumble.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
deeemail
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: ATT

Grumble back.

You get frustration and attitudes when no one has solutions and only responses that are deemed unhelpful. Yahoo is awful I am using an active account and no one is getting this - this is not an attitude, it is pure frustration. Do you think I have time for all of this?

I was appalled at all of the comments of impossible, because it is not. I am in an industry (security) that knows this all too well. I am sorry, but when only black and white is addressed, this is the result of many ofther issues in this world today - there is gray area and I think it important that folks can get resolve, not pointing back to "only this can happen, and that can happen', it is clear from what I am seeing something else is happening, and is deeper that spam from my account.

Best~
D

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Oh but that you would clearly read this entire thread.

My posts did address the 'grey' area. And since this is clearly not a BlackBerry issue, and since you obviously disagree, then I would suggest that you take this issue to true security experts in this field. I will post back the URL of a very reputable security forum (give me a bit to ask my friend).

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
JSanders

D, please visit www.spywarewarrior.com, it is a known friend of mine who lives to help people with spam, spyware and malware. They may have more clear answers for you.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
auniehodge
My Device: blackberry curve
My Carrier: sprint

The same exact thing happened to me two days ago. I attempted to set up a yahoo account using my blackberry, but kept entering my password incorrectly. Within minutes of abandoning my failed attempt, I learned that my hotmail account had been hacked. I've had the account for years and never had an issue. I really dont think it was a coincidence. It had something to do with the blackberry network, because my hotmail account is successfully set up on my phone.

Please use plain text.