Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
CONFUSED_BB_OWNER
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

NEW PC DESKTOP SOFTWARE LOCK UP

Just updated the PC software to sync with my Curve 9360 and it locks up showing "preparing sync preview" without actually syncing with my organizer.  HELP!!!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mcelroyc

Re: NEW PC DESKTOP SOFTWARE LOCK UP

Same thing here. I am really trying to hang on with RIM but my patience is about GONE!!! I can't even sync now and can't go back. What is their problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
philipt
My Carrier: Telus

I'm having the same issue too.  I didn't have a chance to not upgrade the Desktop Manager; it just started the upgrade right away, and now it's hung trying to sync my Curve 9300.  I was able to back up the phone successfully.  Windows indicates the software is running.  Help!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
CONFUSED_BB_OWNER

I couldn't even find a phone number for them!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
CONFUSED_BB_OWNER

I rebooted and now it has a run time error

---------------------------

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

---------------------------

Runtime Error!

Program: ...es\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Desktop\Rim.Desktop.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
CONFUSED_BB_OWNER

found the number and sat on hold FOREVER... WTH... I love my BB, but Iphone I can get help with a lot easier

Please use plain text.
TDSQuared
My Carrier: Bell

I am having the same thing happening, and the Blackberry site support tells me nothing.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
CONFUSED_BB_OWNER

EMAIL response from RIM

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Technical Support. The email you submitted has not been delivered. Please find many alternative support options below.

Are you a BlackBerry Partner or Carrier?

If you are a BlackBerry Partner or Carrier and have a carrier code please contact your partner Support Account Manager as you incorrectly received this message.

Self-Help Options:

BlackBerry Technical Solution Center. All BlackBerry smartphone users have free access to the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center a repository of support information and documentation, with enhanced search capabilities. Easily search for and find the BlackBerry support information you need.  (http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/)

BlackBerry Answers.  The mobile web site that is like having your own technical support team at your fingertips. Accessible right from your BlackBerry smartphone at mobile.blackberry.com, just type in a question to get step-by-step instructions that should solve the problem. (Note: BlackBerry Answers is compatible with all BlackBerry smartphones carrying a series number of 8000 and higher).

BlackBerry Support Community Forums.  Get your questions answered, and participate in discussions on BlackBerry products and services. Visit the BlackBerry Community Support Forum to get started.

Flickr Picasa Facebook and Instant Messaging Applications. If you require assistance with one of our free social networking applications, please feel free to use our online web form to submit technical issues directly to BlackBerry Technical Support at your convenience.  (http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/)

Are you already a BlackBerry Technical Support Services subscriber?

If you have a technical support services subscription, you may contact us through our online web form (https://www.blackberry.com/besc). If your BlackBerry smartphone has been provided to you by your company, please contact your IT help desk for assistance.

All other BlackBerry smartphone users are encouraged to use one of the following options:

- Contact your Wireless Service Provider. Your service provider fields general questions and provides technical support for BlackBerry related issues and can act as your first point of contact.

- Subscribe to an annual based BlackBerry technical support program. BlackBerry Technical Support Services offers 24x7 technical support and BlackBerry Enterprise Server software upgrades. If your technical support subscription has expired, or you would like to learn more about this option, copy and paste the following URL into your address bar: (http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/programs/technical.jsp#tab_tab_annual.)

Obtain Pay-Per Incident Support from Research In Motion (RIM). Receive fee-based support directly from RIM, the manufacturer and wireless experts for the BlackBerry solution. If you would like to learn more about this option, please copy and paste the following URL into your address bar:  (http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/programs/technical.jsp#tab_ddetail_subtab_incident)

Please use plain text.
ericgagnon
My Carrier: Rogers

Having the same issues since I updated last night. I have been on the phone with BB Tech support since 2 pm.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
CONFUSED_BB_OWNER

I have been contacted fro 22 minutes trying to sync with the PC now... this is ridiculous!

Please use plain text.