Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
beechaj1
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: New Desktop Software v. 7 - Fails to sync with Outlook 2010

Do you have a link for the older version of the desktop software?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
davidbarber
My Device: Bold 9900

... have you looked on the original CD that came with your BB?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hcuriel
My Device: 9000 Bold

Had the same problem.

Perhaps this combo will work for you. I restarted PC and deleted a few apps I was not really using on BB. I also deleted one language I wasn't using much; BB requested to be restarted after such deletions.

I suspect the problem is low memory left, but don't know for sure.

After that, all worked. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Aguerrero10
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Telcel

I tried this and didn´t work! HELP!!

Please use plain text.
aml1003
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

I have the same problem with Outlook 2007. Does anyone have a fix that works? I have contacted Vodafone who are my service provider and so far they have been totally useless. My contract is with them and they have to sort it but they seem not to understand that there is a problem or else they are in denial?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
arbiter
My Device: Bold 9780

I, too, am experiencing the error: CRTranRec::GetField Template: Database is corrupt

Other similar errors, as well.

Tried repairing the Desktop Software; didn't work.

Tried a clean "start over" (following all steps except the optional one, since I'm absolutely sure that my BlackBerry contains Calendar appointments that my Outlook is missing); didn't work.  I've even tried deleting all attachments to Contact records (scans of business cards).  I don't use Facebook, so there's no chance of a contact's refreshed blank profile picture synching with my Outlook contact record.

This has already caused me to miss two important business meetings.  Could someone please offer a successfully tested solution other than "uninstall and resinstall the software"?

T-Mobile, BB Bold 9780 running Device Software v6.0.0706 Platform 6.6.0.246, 64-bit Windows 7 PC, 64-bit MS Office.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
econdes
My Device: 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

I'm sorry - I don't have an answer.  I'm having the same problem and have been having it for a few months now.  I called teck support and they were unable to fix it.  I'm interested to hear any responses to this.  It's a huge problem.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

arbiter wrote:

This has already caused me to miss two important business meetings.  Could someone please offer a successfully tested solution other than "uninstall and resinstall the software"?

Since I don't have that problem, I can't provide you exactly what you desire. Further, I find no public KB article that is directly on point (some are close, but don't mention the corrupt database issue you have). FYI...from the originally reported error message in this thread (which, btw, is not the same as yours), this article now exists:

• KB31008 Error "CRTranRec:: GetLinkedRecordId : Invalid linked record Id" is displayed when synchronizing with the BlackBerry Desktop Software

Nevertheless, from what you report as the error message itself, I might surmise that it's the Outlook database that is corrupt...and, so far, nothing you've mentioned having tried would do anything about that. If that is indeed the cause, then you may need to research in some MicroSoft forums for methods to try and resolve it. And, if you do find an answer, I am certain that the other volunteers here would love to receive a post here with your solution.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.