Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

Geomair
My Device: 9800 Torch
My Carrier: O2

Re: New Desktop s/w 7.0xx bundle 044

Yeah, I'm with you. I have installed this prior to the release of the playbook os update........ God help me, think like others I'm unfortunately going to have to ditch RIM and their amazing yet unreliable products. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wrbeglin
My Device: 9630 tour

It really is too bad. There are so many things I like about it, but little things like all downpoaded apps having to use the limited built-in memory, slow processor, incredibly long re-boot times, the need to re-boot etc. They need a driven manager like 'rest his soul'  Steve J.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jbwoolf
My Device: Not Specified

I got it to work fine but the switch from Intelisync removed the option to sync calendar items in a range of dates.  For example I would sync 30 days in past plus the future so I could see my last month for reference.  That is gone now.  It is either everything (the past forever and future) or only in the future and it deletes past items.  RIM would be well advised to allow users to save a range past items without it having to be every past item forever.  It is important to us and saves device space. 

Please use plain text.
Visitor
katzkiller
My Device: 9800 Torch
My Carrier: T-Mobile PL

Update downloaded with no problems. Update process no problems. When it came to sync (mobile calendar, notes, adrress book, tasks with MS Outlook 2010) - showing the progress untill it is almost done and then get suspended with the information 'Preparing sync preview'. Software is stopped and mobile is blocked. Exactly the same as it connected either via BT or USB. (Windows 7 Home Premium with all updates, BB 9800 Torch with all updates). Nothing can be done but killing the process in windows task manager.

Any sugestions what to do to make it works?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jbwoolf
My Device: Not Specified

When I installed it (XP Pro) I too had a preparing view screen.  I just let it go for about 10 minutes and it finally completed.  Deleted all my past calendar items, but it did finish.  Maybe just let it run and see.  I also re booted after installation because of other errors and it is working correctly, I just don't like it. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Paul18
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: Vodacom

Although I removed Desktop Software version 7.0.0.43 (including all my settings option) via the Control Panel, restarted the computer and  re-installed version 6 that worked well before the upgrade to 7.0.0.43, when I try to run the installed version 6 and it fails with a request to send an error report to Microsoft and I look ant the content of the error report, it contains 7.0.0.43 as the product version number -- there should be nothing left of version 7.0.0.43 on my computer.

Does this imply that the BlackBerry Desktop Software does not get removed properly by the Wizard?.

This unnecessary problem is wasting time and has become a source of irritation.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
C_McD
My Device: Z30 10.2.1.2141; PlayBook 64 GB OS 2.1.0.1753
My Carrier: VZW USA

I too miss the date range for the Calendar sync... unless there's some way to do it with the filters.

I let it run a long time twice and ended up have to shut it down from Task manager since it wouldn't cancel itself.

Get to Preparing Preview and then just hangs...

We're all out here together...
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
msd1962
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: VodaFone

It is really shame on RIM that they have come with an upgrade with problems.....I had doenloaded the new DM 7 today and faced the problem....SO decided to roll back to v6.1.0.35....

So remove the DM 7 thru the Control Panel....reboot the computer....then visit.http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-software/253387-archived-rim-desktop-software.html and doenload the last version....

It worked with me....So I hope it will work for you.......

Please use plain text.
Contributor
philipt
My Device: Z10; 16GB Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

I'm having the same issue.  The software is hung trying to prepare the sync preview....  I'll give it time while I go for lunch... (sigh)....

Please use plain text.
Contributor
philipt
My Device: Z10; 16GB Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

I let the Desktop Manager sit and continue to sync.  After about 30 minutes a new dialog box appears indicating there are conflicts.  Because this is a new process for the software, it will take longer to process the first time (hopefully). 

Please use plain text.