Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

Trusted Contributor
C_McD
My Device: Z30 10.2.1.2141; PlayBook 64 GB OS 2.1.0.1753
My Carrier: VZW USA

Re: New Desktop s/w 7.0xx bundle 044

I give up I have work to do.... going back to previous version.

We're all out here together...
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
davidbarber
My Device: Bold 9900

... me too Ugh !!!
Please use plain text.
barkerit67
My Device: Paybook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Unlike the other posters, I've actually found the new desktop update a lot better than the old 6.1 version.

I bought myself a Playbook as a late Christmas\Birthday present to myself after the price drop.

Always had a long wait for the PC to connect to the Playbook, now it's less than a minute.

Been trying to sync my music collection since i bought it a month ago and the 6.1 software always crashed\frozen\problem with connection.

Experimentation showed that if I tried to sync more than a few albums at a time, the system would crash, usually when the Playbook went into standby mode.

Since downloading and installing the update, I've synced my entire collection with no crashes\freezed\problem with connection, doing in an hour waht I've been unable to do for the past month.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
C_McD
My Device: Z30 10.2.1.2141; PlayBook 64 GB OS 2.1.0.1753
My Carrier: VZW USA

May work for Playbook, but doesn't work fro phone

We're all out here together...
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gfreidman
My Device: plAybook
My Carrier: none

Had the same problems - Now I have uninstalled the update but can't reintall version 6 or even the update!!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Paul18
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: Vodacom

Same problem as gfreidman, I have also uninstalled the update version 7 and reintalled version 6 but it fails to run.  Uninstalled version 6 and tried the update version 7 again but it still fails to run.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rluthe
My Device: 8530
My Carrier: iusacell

On my PC when it opens it just crashes, windows says it stopped working...

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
msd1962
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: VodaFone

It is really shame on RIM that they have come up with an upgrade with problems.....I had doenloaded the new DM 7 today and faced the problem....SO decided to roll back to v 6.1.0.35....

So remove the DM 7 thru the Control Panel....reboot the computer....then visit.http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-software/253387-archived-rim-desktop-software.html and doenload the last version....

It worked with me....So I hope it will work for you.......

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tidgejan
My Device: Not Specified

Same thing happened to me.  I took someone's suggestion of uninstalling it and then installing ver 7 again and then syncing it first using 'one way to device' and then to change it back to 2-way after. The first part worked okay on the 1-way sync but when I changed it to a 2-way, the same thing happened... it froze up at "preparing sync preview" screen again.  I've spend over 4 hours on the stupid thing.  Now I have this desktop software ver 7 that is useless with my Outlook 2010 (which I live and breathe with).  Just have to pray that RIM gets the fix for this ASAP!  I have a Blackberry 9360.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gfreidman
My Device: plAybook
My Carrier: none

Windows installer now stops running, regardless of whethr I attempt to reinstall Ver 6 or Ver 7.

Any ideas ?
Please use plain text.