Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

Visitor
knelwan
My Device: Not Specified

No Application found-BB curve

Hi there, I bought my curve under 12 month contract from T-mobile about 2 weeks ago. My problem is that I've tried to install the desktop manager and I still haven't be able to do anything with it. Each time I clicked Application Loader, there's always "can't detect any application" appear on my laptop screen. FYI I use window Vista. So really, my suppose to be smart phone is not smart at all since I could only use it for basic activities. Could someone please help me? I want to be able to put some of my e-books from my laptop, some music etc...i just don't know (anymore) what to doooooo...

thx,

kristy

ps: I also tried to acces instantemail.tmobile.co.uk, tried to register by writing down my PIN and IMEI number but they said that An account already exists for this PIN. I never received any user name and password so I went back to T mobile but they couldn't help me. HEEELLLPPP!!

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: No Application found-BB curve

To install third part apps follow these steps: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB04670

But the program needs to be specifially written for a BlackBerry to load it this way (should have an .ALX extension)

Do you have a media card to place media files on your device?

It's recommended to buy a microSD card to store your media files on, so you don't run out of memory on your device.

Depending on what OS your BlackBerry is tells you what size micros card you can buy. You can check under Options | About (will be listed as v4.xx.xxx). Look at the chart at the following link to see what size you can obtain - http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB05461

On the BlackBerry go into Options | Media Card. Recommended media settings are as follows:

Media Card support : ON
Encryption Mode : NONE
Mass Storage Support : ON
Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected : YES

Mass Storage mode allows your BlackBerry to act as an extra drive when connected to your PC. So it will show up as an extra drive letter in Windows Explorer. So you can just drag/drop media files onto your media card

Or if you use ITunes, you can you the Media Sync to synchronize with the device. Read up about that here: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/features/media/mediasync.jsp#tab_tab_overview

If you're device was someone else's first, then that person has to contact the carrier to release the PIN number from their system. Afterwards you'll be able to setup your email on the device.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: No Application found-BB curve

FYI

Make sure you have the following folders on your media card:

Blackberry

Music

Ringtones

Video

Voicenotes

Pictures

If you format your card with the blackberry format option, you will automatically have

these folders.

Thanks

If you need more info please ask!  If not please resolve the thread using the options by the Kudos’ star, Just place the check in the Post that answered your question, Thanks  
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.