01-10-2013 03:03 AM
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-10-2013 11:13 AM
First, please start here:
Access to languages, on the device, is a matter of having the proper OS installed to the device, which contains the language(s) you require (as per that KB, when matching to the filename of the OS Package you install). Here is what you should do (on a PC, you cannot do this on MAC):
1) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages
2) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed
3) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire (matching the OS package filename as per the first-linked KB above so as to include the languages you require):
4) If that OS package is from a carrier other than the carrier for which your BB was originally manufactured, then delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:
5) Launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC. If, during the process, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.
Don't forget to backup.
If you are on MAC, you are limited to only your carriers sanctioned OS packages...but can still use any levels that they currently sanction. See this procedure:
Good luck and let us know!
01-11-2013 05:30 AM
01-11-2013 09:29 AM