Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

abhaymulik
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9300
My Carrier: AirTel

Nokia OVI Suite back up

Hi,

I had a Nokia E72. I had backed up entire data of my Nokia E72 on my laptop through Nokia OVI Suite.

My Nokia E72 got permanently damaged. Hence I switched on to BlackBerry Curve 9300. I have latest BlackBerry Desktop Software downloaded on my Laptop. Now I am trying to copy the entire back up of my Nokia OVI Suite on my laptop to my BlackBerry. If not the entire back up atleast the contact list. My Nokia E72 Organiser data (like contacts, calendar meetings, task lists etc.) was not synced with my OUTLOOK on laptop. Please guide me on how to get this accomplished.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Nokia OVI Suite back up

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

To import from an existing CSV to the BB, see this KB:

• KB11194 How to import contacts from an already created CSV file to the BlackBerry smartphone

Alternatively, if you do migrate your data into Outlook, you can configure to synchronize between your BB and Outlook:

• KB03315 How to setup organizer data synchronization using BlackBerry Desktop Software
  • KB12268Synchronization support for BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows

I have no way to help you with whatever format your data is presently in...if Nokia has some proprietary format, then you will need to separate figure out how to get it into a format that the BB can use.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.