Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

NatalieBee
My Device: BOLD 9790
My Carrier: Orange

Not syncing all because of this = CRTranRec::GetLinkedRecordld : invalid linked record ld

[ Edited ]

I keep getting an error code:

CRTranRec::GetLinkedRecordld : invalid linked record ld

What do I do? I need my calender and cotacts from my BB on my new computer / Outlook 2010

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
JohnPiz
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: Not syncing all because of this = CRTranRec::GetLinkedRecordld : invalid linked record ld

check this thread

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9900-series-discussion-bold-touch/261199-sync-error-all-sudd...

NatalieBee
My Device: BOLD 9790
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Not syncing all because of this = CRTranRec::GetLinkedRecordld : invalid linked record ld

Thank you John but in my list it shows this:

07:59:52.800 Error Information: 12004 (00002ee4) (KnownErrorWithHardcodedText), Description: CRTransColl::smileyfrustrated:etDSTransInfoByName Empty nodelist for tag: CommonTransTypeAndAttributes, File: .\TransInfo.cpp, Line: 595

but I have no idea what it means?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
martinlompa
My Carrier: 27722602294

I have found the solution!
1. delete facebook application.
2. restart handset
3. open contacts. slowly scroll through entire phone book. any facebook blank profile pictures, replace with any image or avatar.
4. repeat sync.

should be fixed!
good luck
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
martinlompa
My Carrier: 27722602294

I have found the solution!
1. delete facebook application.
2. restart handset
3. open contacts. slowly scroll through entire phone book. any facebook blank profile pictures, replace with any image or avatar.
4. repeat sync.

should be fixed!
good luck

Please use plain text.
Boggess8
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Do we REALLY have to go through our contacts to ID ones w/out pics or avatar in order to get the new desktop version to work??  Hello RIM--there's a thing called FACEBOOK--ever hear of it???  Or, have to downgrade to prior version of the software?  I'm getting the same error message so my work-around (not being a tech person at all) finally was to 2-way sync everything else except contacts (in Outlook) which works.  Then, 1-way sync from PC to BB for contacts but this apparently means I can only add contacts & info to my PC and not BB since it seems to be something on the device (the FB thing w/pics?) that is conflicting with the desktop software.  This is all probably pretty rudimentary to the tech/IT folks but I don't have the time or knowledge to figure out all the comments & tech-y stuff (that RIM is supposed to do!) so work-around it is for me!

Please use plain text.
elliecellie
My Device: 9790
My Carrier: mobile

found out the address book records with picture not there (from Facebook appl) by this method.

In Tools-Desktop Options-Configure Sync Logging Options set Logging Method-Full (default is None).

Then do the sync, when error comes and sync finishes; under Help (? on top right hand side) select 'Support Resources'->'Organizer Sync Logs' (this html file is saved under
C:\Documents and Settings\<current user>\Local Settings\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Desktop\XCPCSync.OEM\SyncSDK.209.601\Log).

Open the file in browser or html editor. Go to bottom. Go up a few lines and you will find the entry with the picture problem.

Go to blackberry handset address book, locate the address and delete the picture.

Again resync and repeat this process till you don't get any more sync error.

Please use plain text.
gaba
My Device: Curve 9220
My Carrier: Vodafone

can you please help identify the problem - "Go up a few lines and you will find the entry with the picture problem." But i cant seem to tell where the issue lies in the browser.

thanks for your help
Please use plain text.
elliecellie
My Device: 9790
My Carrier: mobile

you go to the very bottomw and then if you slowly scroll through you will see something in a diffent colour whihc says it couldn't upload or somehtin gsimilar

Please use plain text.