Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
praetorean
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Starhub

Office 2010 calendar sync's device->machine only.

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I have an Office 2010 and Blackberry Desktop Software v7 installed on a new personal laptop and have the same setup on my office laptop.
I am able to do a 2-way sync on the office laptop with no issues. But on my personal laptop; I can only do a 1-way sync for my calender: device to outlook. While the rest i.e. notes, tasks, contacts are doing a 2-way sync.

I have already made sure the settings are set to 2-way but still to no avail. please help.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Office 2013 calendar sync's device->machine only.

Hello,

I am confused...in your subject line, you said "Office 2013", but in the body of your post, you say "Office 2010". Which is it please?

FYI -- if it is indeed 2013, then that may explain the problems, as that is not yet supported:

Using an unsupported PIM can result in what is called "unpredictable results".

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
praetorean
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Starhub

Re: Office 2010 calendar sync's device->machine only. (Edited)

[ Edited ]

@sdgardne, Sorry about the confusion. I meant Office 2010. I have already edited the subject to correct it.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Office 2010 calendar sync's device->machine only. (Edited)

OK thanks. So what, exactly, tells you that it's a 1-way sync only? Some message on the screen? Something else?

On the one that is not working, you may want to review this thread:

It starts with a process for cleanly starting over, and there is some discussion, and there is also a post (15) with links to older Desktop Software versions, if those are needed. Note that this is not, by any means, guaranteed to work...but it has worked for many to resolve issues they are having.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.