If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
philipgreenberg
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Outlook calendar does not synchronize to device

[ Edited ]

I entered a number of recurring birthdays in Outlook. When I sync to my Torch, I get a "Synchronization Error: CRRecurring! Set Recurring Dates: Start Date is invalid".

As far as I can determine, nothing is wrong with the entries in Outlook.  

Can anyone help, or is this a defect in the Blackberry software?

Thank-you,

Philip

Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Outlook calendar does not synchronize to device

Hi philipgreenberg,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

To resolve the “CRRecurringI SetRecurringDates: Start date is invalid.” error you are receiving when synchronizing your calendar, could you please verify that none of the recurring birthdays in Microsoft® Outlook® have start dates previous to 1900? This may cause the error message you are receiving. Please try modifying these start dates and synchronizing your BlackBerry® Torch™ 9800 smartphone again.

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
slaird75
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Sync error message: CRRecurringl::smileyfrustrated:etRecurringDates:smileyfrustrated:tart date is invalid

I have deleted and re-entered every recurring calendar entry.  This has not solved the problem.

I sync on 2 computers.  The deskop computer using BB Desk Top 7.0 syncs fine. The laptop using BB Desk Top 7.1 does not sync.

any other suggestions.?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Thor_Winnipeg
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: MTS Mobility

Totally exasperated with this ongoing error - no longer able to sync my Bold 9900 with Win7. I tried reinstalling / updating the BB desktop software (using 7.1 bundle 1646). 

It's difficult to read the "Conflcts" side of the error  window - you can't expand them. Some are contacts, some are tasks, some are appointments.

Sync Error

No matter which sync option you choose, you always get "CRRecurringl::smileyfrustrated:etRecurringDates: Start Date is invalid"

Thor_Winnipeg

Please use plain text.
ibgolfn

did you ever get problem resolved??  I have the same issue - Windows 7, Bold 9900.  Exact same error message...............

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Thor_Winnipeg

Blackberry released an update (Software Version 7.1, Bundle 2218).  To get the update, I accessed the Device menu in Blackberry desktop software, chose "Update..." and followed the prompts.  It took a while and some device restarts, but I haven't had the problem since. 

Thor

Please use plain text.
ibgolfn

BB Desktop says no updates available.  What I have under Organizer - Calender - Advanced is that I cannot get the start time or the end times mapped into the fields - nothing I do will add them..........  Then in Organizer - Contacts I cannot add first names or last names into the fields.  What the heck?? 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Thor_Winnipeg

Can you confirm that you are using 7.1 Bundle 2218 (v7.1.0.794, Platform 5.11.0.571)?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
slaird75
My Carrier: Telus

I finally got this resolved after countless hours of tech support from Blackberry.  The speed of the resolution is directly related to the quality of the tech support call taker. I lucked out on the 3rd try. Patrick fixed the problem in about 30 minutes max.  the other 2 calls were wasted by trying things that were simply guessing, without logically identifying the problem.

BB Tech support rep Patrick from Halifax is the KIng.  He logically and methodically narrowed the problem down, and once isolated, he  fixed it very shortly.  I had over 900 calendar entries because I never delete them.  I keep them for my records.

on previous calls I was told the Outlook 2010 software wouldn't accept dates prior to Jan. 2010. i needed to delete all entries prior to that date.  really?  Everything synced before !! remove the desktop software, reinstall, etc, ... these suggestions were guesses.

the FIX:

On the desktop software go to tools, then desktop options. 

On the general tab, in the lower right corner click on "Configure Sync Logging Options"

on the Sync Logging Options window make sure FULL is selected.

Now try to do a sync.  the point at where the sync fails is likely the event that causes the problem, at least that was Patricks reasoning (and he was right for my case).

go back to the Sync Logging Options and view the sync log.  the log automatically tries to open in your browser as HTML.  It may crash your browser because the file is HUGE.  if the browser does crash, you'll have view the file as text using your NOTE PAD. 

In NOTE PAD (a microsoft word proccesor found in the Accessorries folder.) go to FILE, then OPEN.

You'll have to find the log in file something like

C:\Users\YOUR PROFILE NAMEHERE\AppData\Local\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Desktop\XCPCSync.OEM\SyncSDK.209.601\Log\SyncLog

close to the bottom of the log was the calendar entry that the sync cannot resolve.

The PROBLEM:

at some point I had changed a calendar entry to a date that was not compatible with the system.  The date was someting in the 1800's.  I probably had the calendar open and similar to a pocket dial, opened that event and changed the date without knowing.

All I had to do was fix the entry and the sync worked.  Magic.

Patrick was Brilliant.

This worked for me .... I hope it helps you.

Please use plain text.
dnoble
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi,

Just wanted to reply and thank slaird75 for providing that information. It also worked for me. The log didn't point me exactly to the faulty entry (the entry that was causing the error was actually not in my calendar anymore), but showed me when the first invitation for that faulty entry was sent.

By deleting that initial entry, and all subsequent occurances of the faulty calendar entry, the synch was able to proceed without any problems.

Thanks,

Daniel
Please use plain text.