Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
WildBillLyle
My Device: World Edition 8830

Overwriting data

Is there a way to overwrite handheld data with Outlook data and vice versa?  I can only find options for handling conflicts in the desktop software but not overwrite.
"Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - A. Einstein
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
jonner
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Overwriting data

There is a way to do this but settings depend on the Version of Desktop Manager you use.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
WildBillLyle

I'm using 4.3.
"Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - A. Einstein
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
jonner
My Device: Not Specified

In 4.3 Got to Configure Sync and select the database you want to sync (Calendar, address Book, Memos, Tasks). Slick setup and go through wizard. Select The Outlook or which ever application you want to sync with. On the Next screen select one way Sync (which ever dirrection you want to transfer) select "Replace all data in the Target Application"

This will make it so when you do a Sync all information in the source Device will over write the data in the Target. 

If you want to do this for all applications repeat the steps.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
WildBillLyle

Thanks very much!

Please use plain text.