Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
diezdeonate
My Device: 9900 Bold
My Carrier: comcast

PC WILL NOT RECOGNIZE THE bb bOLD 9900

i bought a new computer with Windows 8 OS. I downloaded the BB desktop manager to be able to sync the PC with the BB Bold 9900. It gives me an error 1723 with the following message. "DLL required could not be run. Action: Repair rim Usb Driver. NT.07D232B6_7904_4970_8B22_8FA..."

The Microsoft community suggested I unregister and re register Windows installer. I did that but still when I connect the phone to the PX via the USB it is not recognized. 

I contacted HP support and after 30 minutes  of questions the guy suggested I contact BB support. I don't see a direct link to BB support only this link. Can anyone help?

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
pkcable
My Device: Z30/Xperia Z Ultra
My Carrier: Verizon/T-Mobile

Re: PC WILL NOT RECOGNIZE THE bb bOLD 9900

I know that BB Link sometimes has issues with Win8, perhaps this is also true for legacy devices?  Couple of things to try, reinstall Desktop Manager.  Try using a different USB port, if you are using the front ports try the back, or vice versa.  Also try another USB cable.

Rich C (PKcable)
From Crackberry.com

If I have been helpful please click like! Use the Thumbs up icon below this message. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
diezdeonate

I tried all suggestions but still not working. Any other ideas?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kenm47
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: MTN

I have the same error message "DLL required could not be run. Action: Repair rim Usb Driver. NT.07D232B6_7904_4970_8B22_8FA..." when I am attempting to repair my Blackberry desktop software in windows 8.1

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
diezdeonate

Your message was truncated. Can you re send it?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I suggest this thread (note please it was written prior to Windows 8...you will need to substitute appropriate things):

It starts with a process for cleanly starting over, and there is some discussion, and there is also a post (15) with links to older Desktop Software versions, if those are needed. Note that this is not, by any means, guaranteed to work...but it has worked for many to resolve issues they are having.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kenm47
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: MTN

I have the same error message "DLL required could not be run. Action: Repair rim Usb Driver. NT.07D232B6_7904_4970_8B22_8FA..." when I am attempting to repair my Blackberry desktop

software in windows 8.1

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
diezdeonate

OK. Thanks, but how do I repair the rim us drive?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

diezdeonate wrote:

OK. Thanks, but how do I repair the rim us drive?

Are you on Win8 or Win8.1, as the other poster who reported an identical issue? In either case, I don't find any useful KBs on the matter...you might have better luck searching:

But, if you are on Win8.1, then I'm starting to suspect a compatibility issue...AFAIK, the Desktop Software is compatible up to Win8, but perhaps not with Win8.1. Refer:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.