Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

lambruss54
My Device: Not Specified

PC organizers compatible with Blackberry?

I've looked all over the instructions and the web and I can't find a list of supported PC organizers for the BlackBerry.  Does anyone know what works other than Outlook?
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
JeremyKitching
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: PC organizers compatible with Blackberry?

[ Edited ]

Below is the organizer support for Desktop Manager v4.3: 

• Lotus Notes® 6.0, 6.5, 7.0, 8.0
  • MS Outlook® 2002, 2003, 2007
  • MS Outlook Express 6, Windows Contacts (Vista Address Book)
  • Novell® GroupWise® 6.5, 7.0
  • Yahoo!® PIM

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/req_4dot3.jsp
Message Edited by JeremyKitching on 04-09-2008 12:01 PM
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
markindubai05

hi - i just bought a new BB Bold, with Desktop Organizer software version 4.6.0.12. Our company runs Lotus Notes v6.5 and I just can not figure out how to configure the Desktop Organizer to synch with Notes via the USB cable.....can anyone provide a step-by-step procedure to enable me to do this with Notes??

I've tried every setting I know in "Options" on the main page of the organizer software and I've tried a variety of different server addresses and Notes .ini file locations. When I am in the Synchronization "wizard" it does not list Notes as an available application on my PC...

Everything is so simple if for Outlook, but setting this up for Notes seems to have stumped me!!

Help please? Thank you,

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi and welcome to the forums!!

See if this procedure will allow you to choose Lotus notes in the sync config:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB15311&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Thanks,

Please remember to resolve your thread. Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
markindubai05

Thanks for the suggestions, however Notes is loaded on my machine as I use it daily, and there is only one instance of it on my machine.

I went to crackberry.com and looked around and it does seem that other folks with the new BB Bold are having similar issues and one person ended up resolving it by downgrading from v4.6 of the Desktop Manager software to v4.3 SP2.

Our company is running Lotus Notes version 6.5, which is old, so perhaps v4.6 of the Desktop Manager doesn't support that version of Notes??

Any more ideas? If not, I'll try downloading v4.3 SP2 of the Desktop Manager software, uninstall the currently installed version, install the older version and see what happens.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
markindubai05

you can go to bb.com, then support, then software, then pick any of the later versions of the Desktop Manager and only then will you learn which supported Organizers are part of the package....very weak on the part of BB to not have more instructions on how to sync with the "lesser known" organizers, like Lotus Notes...
Please use plain text.