Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

cwl
New Contributor
cwl
My Device: Not Specified

Palm Treo to Blackberry frustration....

I have used a Palm Treo 650 for several years and my favorite part is the Palm Desktop OS. I live by the calendar and contacts.

My Treo has gotten old and been acting up and so I recently got a Blackberry 8820. The phone works fine...will take some time adjusting. However, as far as the Blackberry Desktop...well....I am still looking for it.

I loaded the software on my computer.

Windows Vista Sp 1
Palm Desktop version 6.2.1

After a lot of frustration trying to switch...which didn't work...I had to go back to a restore point.

First, does Blackberry have someone comparable to the Palm Desktop Software that will display my contacts, calendar, etc on my computer...that...I can then sync with my blackberry? If so...after I installed it...there was something called Blackberry Desktop Manager...which I could see was where the switch wizard was...but....nothing like the Palm Desktop.

Second, can I switch my calendar and contacts from my Palm Desktop to the Blackberry Desktop.

HELP!
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Palm Treo to Blackberry frustration....

The Desktop Manager doesn't show any of the data like the Palm Desktop. It's just a conduit to sync information between the BlackBerry an your email client.

Check out these 2 K articles:

How to use the Switch Device Wizard to switch from another smartphone to a BlackBerry smartphone

Options in the Switch Device Wizard are grayed out and unavailable

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
cwl
New Contributor
cwl

Thank you for your reply.  I must admit....this is a huge disappointment.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

in my opinion, I'd rather have an open desktop manager that allows me to choose one Personal Information Manager (Outlook, Lotus Notes, Yahoo!, Google) rather than being forced to use one single Palm PIM. That I will have to synchronize with my mail application.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
cwl
New Contributor
cwl

I am really new to this...can you give me an example of what you call an....

open desktop manager that allows me to choose one Personal Information Manager....

My primary use for the Palm was a phone with the calendar and contacts....I could work both from the desktop...sync with the Palm...and..away I would go...

I assumed the Blackberry would do the same...

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

"choose one Personal Information Manager (Outlook, Lotus Notes, Yahoo!, Google)"

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.