Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
rickyton
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: T-mobile

Pictures Duplicate everytime sync bb with computer

hi, i have a question about sync my bb with my computer, every time that i sync it the pictures duplicate in my computer is there a way to avoid this?

Please use plain text.
Visitor
ShorshE
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Pictures Duplicate everytime sync bb with computer

I've got the same problem, already for ages.  Researching the net doesn't provide any answers either.  I wonder why the developers have not responded yet.  I'm running on XP SP3, but from what I read it's to do with the phone.

Below you find a file synch view of what is on my computer (customised folder) on the left and what is on my mobile.  However, why there are different times on the mobile pics compared with the same (file name and size) on the computer is somewhat incomprehensible.

File Synch View

I might have to lower my res on the mobile to be able to save more duplicates, but 2.6Gb compared with 890Mb on the mobile is real memory (hd-space) usage.

I haven't tried removing duplicates yet, as suggested in some messages / fora, but I'd make a DVD first of all, to make sure nothing's lost.

Nonetheless, I'd like to have a 1:1 synch copy on mobile and computer and not to have to play around to keep it so.

As it happens, any image added in the picture (=camera) folder on the mobile are also duplicated.  See the example above: the ".slide" files are downloaded from an email with a picture attached. I later removed it from the mobile.

Any suggestions to solve this nuisance would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

ShorshE

Please use plain text.