Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
sergeivlad
My Device: Not Specified

Please Help: First - error 0x80040fb3 when syncing, now - Desktop Manager freezes

I synchronize my Blackberry Pearl 8100 with my MS Outlook 2007 regularly using Blackberry Desktop Manager (two-way sync of address book, calendar, tasks, and memos). The software is set to initiate the sync as soon as the device is connected to the computer.

This morning sync stopped working. I was getting an error code 0x80040fb3 when the sync was going through the calendar. Repeated a few times - same thing. I tried making it one-way sync from the Outlook - same error.

I then upgraded Desktop Manager from 4.x (don't remember exactly the version I used) to 5 hoping it will save the problem. After that when I connect my Blackberry to the computer, the Balckberry Desktop's screen lights up with this shade, which is usually followed by the dialog box on the sync progress. However, at that point the software freezes and nothing else happens. When I disconnect the phone, the software unfreezes.

Can someone help me out please? Thank you! 

Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
thundergeek
My Device: BlackBerry 9700

Re: Please Help: First - error 0x80040fb3 when syncing, now - Desktop Manager freezes

Hello

I found reference to 0x80040FB3 in this article in our knowledge base.  Have you had a chance to check this article out?

hope this helps

-tg

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.