Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
klars
My Device: Not Specified

Re: PocketMac

Ben,

I have an iMac with OS X Leopard. My BB is World Edition. Currently, I am only synching iCal, One Way synch (computer overrides BB). Even then certain entries keep multiplying on sync. Syncing emails sent on BB to computer is working OK.

Have had no luck with Address Book or Bookmark. Either get error messages or multiple entries. They also slow down the sync a lot.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Ben

Sounds like a possible device database issue.    Unfortunatly Leopard isn't explicity supported by Pocketmac, however this causing your issue is unlikely.

Please tell me your device OS version (Options>About>v4.?.?.?) 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
klars

recently updated to Mac OS X 10.5.2 Leopard, but my issues started before Leopard was installed.
Please use plain text.
k-9to5

I have been using Missing sync for Blackberrry from Mark Space. So far so good syncs ical and address book as well as Todos..    http://www.markspace.com/
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
klars

Thanks. I will check it out.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
whitecw

[ Edited ]

I just purchased a Blackberry 8830 and then downloaded the Pocketmac sofware.  I had no problems syncing with Entourage 2004 the first time.  However, since then the sync function freezes when trying to sync tasks.  Everything else syncs fine.  Unfortunately, despite numerous attempts to get support from RIM, there has been no response from them at all (and, yes, I have checked my spam folders).

So, just curious if anyone else has had similar issues and what might have been done to resolve them.

Carl 

Message Edited by whitecw on 04-02-2008 12:10 PM
Please use plain text.
Contributor
MCPasty

jonner wrote:
 Entourage is not supported by the current version of Pocketmac. You can try Synchronizing with Address Book and Ical and will likely be successful.

Not quite...

PocketMac 4.0.20b supports and will work with Entourage 2004.

Entourage 2008 isn't supported and won't sync.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MCPasty

whitecw wrote:

I just purchased a Blackberry 8830 and then downloaded the Pocketmac sofware.  I had no problems syncing with Entourage 2004 the first time.  However, since then the sync function freezes when trying to sync tasks.  Everything else syncs fine.  Unfortunately, despite numerous attempts to get support from RIM, there has been no response from them at all (and, yes, I have checked my spam folders).

So, just curious if anyone else has had similar issues and what might have been done to resolve them.

Carl 

Message Edited by whitecw on 04-02-2008 12:10 PM

Hi Carl,

Are you using OSX Leopard 10.5.x by any chance?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
whitecw

Yes, I am.

Carl 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MCPasty

Thats probably the problem then. With Leopard the first sync will usually work, but after that tasks will probably have problems. I'd expect that to be fixed up with the full Leopard-compatable release for PocketMac. Its inconvenient, but you'll probably have to keep Task sync turned off for the time being. :-S

Please use plain text.