Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

Contributor
jdobkows
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Problem with Lotus Notes 8 sync with DMv4.6

Well, My BB stopped syncing again the DM crashed. I took derekrjames suggestion and removed the attendee names from the sync to the BB and this is the first time that I have been able to recover after a DM crash without wiping the calander on the BB and starting over. I was able to sync by just restarting so I just might put that in as another possible resolution.

Should not be this difficult.   

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
berryguy

Re: Problem with Lotus Notes 8 sync with DMv4.6/DMv4.5

Update: the above setup worked for a couple of weeks, when the failures started to re-apear; further digging and experimentation confirmed what several other contributors have found, for Notes 8.02 and BB Desktop Manager 4.6:

sync failures can be triggered by:

• the (Notes) Meeting Attendees List
  • the (Notes) Description field

After removing the fields listed above from the Sync setup, and continuing with a one-way sync from Notes to the BB, things have been working for almost a month, by now... 

To summarize

• One-way sync from Notes to Blackberry
  • Remove Meeting Attendee and Description from sync.

Specific cases I have found that cause the failure include simple text in VERY LARGE font in the Description field, as well as very complex description fields (Twisties and/or attachments).
Please use plain text.
c00lhnd

Re: Problem with Lotus Notes 8 sync with DMv4.6

Jack

U R A Genieous!!! Thank you. Your posted approach got around the issue for me enabling me to rely on my BB Storm Again. This calendar related issue I am sorry to say continues with version 8.5 of Lotus Notes when running the latest copy of the BB desktop. Though not a work around that is realistic for perhaps more regular than once per day before it becomes a ball ache it is a successful work around none the less.

Thanks Again

C00lh4nd (also an IBM'er)

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
berryguy

Re: Problem with Lotus Notes 8 sync with DMv4.6/DMv4.5

I have done something entirely different for the last month and I thought it was time to share:

First, a caveat: I continue to run ONE WAY SYNC FROM Lotus Notes CALENDAR TO THE BB - the invitations I get are typically so full of Rich Text (links, attachments, font attributes, ...) or have huge invitee lists, that I found two-way sync causing loss of of info when things went to the BB and then come back from the BB to Lotus Notes - so, if you go two-way and experience loss of info in the BB or Lotus Notes and then it's gone forever!!!, don't complain here! ;-) 

Also, some of my findings reported below are very specific to the time when this append was composed and could change over time.

With that advice, I have found a third party application called CompanionLink to be far less prone to the kinds of problems we seem to see

with Intellisync,

I have experimented with sync'ing calendar, address book and memos with both CompanionLink and Intellisync. MY EXPERIENCE (your mileage may vary) suggests that this configuration works for me:

• Address book: two-way sync using Intellisync
  • Memos: two way sync using Intellisync -  but note: I very rarely modify my memos on the BB, and most of my memos contain plain text only, anyway. If your memos are full of rich text and/or attachments, you may want to test and see what works for you.
  • Calendar: one-way sync from Lotus Notes to the BB using CompanionLink

I stayed with Intellisync for Address book and Memos, as Intellisync allows me to select Field mappings. CompanionLink shows on their Web site that it supports Field mapping, but I was never able to find that in my installation; I contacted their support staff stated and was told it's available only for the Address book. As Intellisync meets my needs for Address book sync, I didn't follow up on that any further..

I had some question on CompanionLink, and their support staff was only an e-mail away and responded quickly.

The product does cost a chunk of money. The decision on whether spending this money is worth it is entirely up to you.

The product comes in an Express and a Pro version. Both have a 14 day trial period. If you experiment with two-way sync, make sure you have a way to recover from any information changes you might not be happy with.

Check them out here:CompanionLink

Your mileage may vary from mine.

Truth in advertising disclosure: I am not associated with CompanionLink, except that I am, as of about a month ago, a customer of theirs using their CompanionLink for BBs product. I receive no compensation, rewards or recognition of any kind from them for mentioning their product here or anywhere else

Please use plain text.