Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Developer
LuigiWriter
My Device: 8520 Edge

Re: Problem with Update 6.0.1.18

have the same problem with XP with C++ 2008 and 2011Visual redistribuitable.  I amd stuck at 6.0.0.43 and neither of the new up dates work.  It is infuriating to wait over a half hour for download, then more time for unzip.  Then it says I have not got installed what I have got installed.  It could have at least checked prerequesits first before waiting over two hours of my time.

AS for why I am here, I am looking for RIM Product Support. Staffed by software engineers.  So where are they?  I see no where on this site to get professional support for this product's bugs. 

* If RIM is relying on all of us who own the box, but do not own the code or design documents or lack access to them to provide first line support, that speaks very poorly of RIM's professionalism.

* Learning howtos. finding new ways of doing things, or just brain storming with others of the same interest has a good place here in this type of forum.

* If RIM expects its users to fix bugs in propirtary software or faults in hardware, that is the most unprofessional way of treating a company's custumers. 

*** The next time I come back here I want a button at the top of the Support page that reads "chat with a RIM engineer" and one that reads "E-mail a RIM engineer." 

LugiWriter: There are 4 rules to writing a Novel, unfortunately no one knows what they are. [sic]
Please use plain text.
mohamedzakariaomar
My Device: curve 8250
My Carrier: sales

very nice
Please use plain text.
purdonartist
My Device: Not Specified

I have had nothing but trouble with version 6 and my BB 9800.  I spent over FIVE hours on Friday trying to get someone to help me solve the problem.  Finally I got a senior technical support person who told me all he could do was roll it back to the previous version.  They DO have a problem with this but don't seem to give a **bleep** if it inconveniences their customers.

Blackberry is a great product made by a company that is rapidly falling apart.  The term customer service is one that is not in this companies vocabulary!

I hope that someone at BB actually reads these comments....................but I doubt it!!

Please use plain text.