Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

richardgundle

Problems with Sync and outlook calender

Just upgraded my blackberry to the new 8310. Everytime I sync via my desk top with outlook it tries to delete all entries on my PC. I then have to ask it to resync and then it has problems and doesnt delete the entries that I have asked. I assume I have not set up something correctly. ANy iput would be most welcome
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: Problems with Sync and outlook calender

can you give details? especially the error messages.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
richardgundle

Hey thanks for helping the box first comes up and tries to delete all the entires in outllok. I thien ask it to resync then this comes up in the box

"This operation will restore records you may have from device or microsoft outlook if the record still exits on either. Rarely some duplicate record may result. do you wish to continue."

I assume what is happening is that the device is not holding on to the calender entries and then outlook is assuming i have delted them.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

can't give you the details right now but here is what you can do :

1. configure your desktop manager to synchronize in this direction : Outlook->Blackberry
  2. in the desktop manager, wipe the Calendar database on your Blackberry
  3. do the synchronization of the calendar items.

==> it should repopulate all the entries in your Blackberry calendar.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.