If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
TVC15
My Device: Not Specified

Question re transferring data from 6280 to Pearl

My AT&T BB 6280 has data in the address book, calendar, etc that needs to be loaded onto my AT&T Pearl 8100.  My computer (Windows XP) has version 3.6.2.9 BB Desktop Manager loaded.  Will that program recognize the Pearl and allow for a data transfer or, do I need to load a more current version or, different program?
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,871
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Question re transferring data from 6280 to Pearl

Download Desktop Manager from here (I would recommend version 4.6 without Media Manager):

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

You will then use the Switch Device Wizard to move the data, settings, contacts, etc., from the old to the new. Very seamless process.

Of course, for safety sake, do a complete backup of your BB first with Desktop Manager, and/or sync to Outlook if you do so.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

You can use the Switch Device Wizard or just make a backup of the old device and restore the data to the new.  I agree with JSanders, I'd download the new version.  Maybe make a backup with the old DM first and see if you can load it to the 8100.  if it doesn't work, just install the new DM.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TVC15
My Device: Not Specified

Will installation of a newer version of DM overwrite the older version? 
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,871
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Yes, it will.

For the process, I would do the complete backups first. Then try the Switch Device Wiz. If you have problems or it fails, then you use the backups to restore the data to the new device.

The Switch Device Wiz will transfer many settings that a backup will not restore.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.