09-05-2013 03:45 AM
My blackberry smart phone getting 507 error, my device connected with blackberry desktop manager for update the software but its showing there are no available software update. i tried the remove the batter and connecting to desktop manager but its not connecting.
please help me for resolving the issue.
09-05-2013 05:56 PM
Hi and Welcome to the Community!
507 means that there is no OS installed to your BB at all...it's empty. But, it can be recovered from, but not perhaps via the automated means (which, from your post, it seems that's what you've tried). Rather, you need to take full manual control over what is to be installed to your BB. The simplest way is to, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):
Make sure you have a current and complete backup of your BB...you can find complete instructions via the link in my auto-sig below. This is irrelevant to your situation now as your BB is already "empty".
2) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages
3) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed
4) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:
5) Delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:
6) Use LOADER.EXE directly, by proceeding to step 2 in this process:
If, during the processes, your BB presents another "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.
You may also need the use of these tricks:
Good luck and let us know!