Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
saj786
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: giff gaff

Restore Blackberry backup without replacing current data

Hi I have a bunch of old messages backed up that I want to add on to my current backup of my phone (without losing the messages I currently have on my new phone) every time I try this it overwrites my previous state. Seems illogical that Blackberry would not allow this functionality when restoring data. Is there a workaround Please advise
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
saj786

Re: Restore Blackberry backup without replacing current data

Apologies I am referring to one phone here
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
LivieS
My Device: BlackBerry Curve9320
My Carrier: Orange

Hi, I'm Livia from the BlackBerry Backup Extractor team, we work with BlackBerry backups and this question comes up quite often among our users, we can tell you what an option might be.

Restoring your messages without replacing current data is not possible, I'm afraid the restore will just wipe other data off the phone. There is a way can get the messages on your BlackBerry phone if you really need them, though.

You can extract them from the backup using our software, they will be saved as a CSV file on your computer. They can then be imported into Gmail or Outlook so you can have them on the phone. Give it a try and see if this is what you need, drop us a note if you run into any trouble, we are happy to help.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
saj786

Hi

Thank you for your responce please explain the process step by step

From gettting the csv file from the backup file to importing to email

Regards

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
darylm
My Device: NONE
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Hello,

I'm trying to do the same thing as the original poster. I find it hard to believe it's not possible to restore old emails without the restore first deleting newer emails. This is an obvious thing that a user might need to do.

Are there any other workarounds?

Regards,

Daryl

Samsung Galaxy S5
Please use plain text.