05-10-2012 05:35 AM
so this is my problem:
1. backed up my phone using version4.6 of desktop software (no password lock on phone)
2. wiped phone and then re-activated (company moving to exchange 2010)
3. phone working fine with email etc but missing all my contacts but the company has enforced password protection
4. plugged phoned into laptop with desktop software running and it asks for phone password.
5. type in four digits of phone password.
6. Doesn't accept the phone password.
Its only four digits and I know it works as I can unlock the phone...haven't got caps lock on or anything...can't believe I can't type four digits without a mistake.
Is it because there wasn't a password on the phone before?
What am I doing wrong....really don't understand.
Is it a different password?
I don;t know.
05-14-2012 02:50 PM
Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community
The following article may help regarding the issue you are experiencing with your BlackBerry® smartphone password when accessing the BlackBerry® Desktop Software:
BlackBerry Desktop Manager or the BlackBerry smartphone does not accept the correct BlackBerry smartphone password - http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB11105
We hope this helps.
Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp
Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!