Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

Visitor
erin64110
My Device: Pearl 8120

Roxio Media manager with 4.3 does not see my 8120 as a device

I am new to the Blackberry and I am having some trouble with getting my desktop software. I have a Pearl 8120 with a 4GB card and Desktop manager sees my phone and it appears to be connected. When I open Media Manager it says that no device is connected. I have tried reloading the software twice, I have turned on mass storage, I have no other Roxio programs on my computer, nothing has seemed to work. When I open media manager it does not see it but if I disconnect my phone from the usb cable a run time error message comes up and Media Manager closes. Also my computer recognizes my phone as E drive if that means anything. I could really use some help.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
gonz8ann
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Roxio Media manager with 4.3 does not see my 8120 as a device

I am having the same issue with my 8110 device and version 4.5. I tried reformatting the media card but that did not help.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Rukus372

Up until yesterday...7-11 my 8310 worked perfectly with my computer, then yesterday afternoon Windows Vista had 2 or 3 updates to install.  I believe they were anti virus and security updates.  Ever since my computer gives me the

"usb device unknown" message.  I've tried all the quick fixes, uninstalling the media manager, removing the battery from the phone restarting the cpu, nothing seems to work.  I think this may be a windows vista issue but no one seems to know for sure yet.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jwdavis

Had the same issue with the software. Had to delete version 4.5 from the computer and reload version 4.2.1 (without roxio) to get it to work. you should get a pop up window asking if you want to use the usb for the device vs. com 1. hit ok and it should boot up and recognize your crackberry.

Hope it helps

Please use plain text.
dnlam

Can any one tell me how I can get Desktop manager 4.5 to work with my 8120?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lisabeeen

i am having hte same issue with my 8130....nothing works...will try 4.2.1. and see......
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

First make sure you get a clean install of the current DM installed

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB11320&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Here is the BB article on the supported DM for Vista. I suggest 4.2.2

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB05468&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Here are some considerations for installing DM under Vista:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=BlackBerryDesktopSoftware&thread.id=1...

Please let me know if you need any other information

Thanks

I would STRONGLY not recommend using media manager, From reading all the posts on the forums, MM is not a stable program. I use drag and drop through Windows, nuch cleaner and faster. There is a new product from Blackberry

called Media manager you might want to try,  I will leave a link.

Media Sync:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/features/media/mediasync.jsp

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
ANABOOTH

I am having a similiar problem.  I have a curve 8330 from verizon.  The desktop manager shows my device as connected, but when I go in to the media manager (roxio), it reads "device not connected".  Does anyone know how to fix this problem?  Do you have to have a media card in your Blackberry for Roxio to recognize your device?

HELP!  PLEASE!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

ANABOOTH wrote:
Do you have to have a media card in your Blackberry for Roxio to recognize your device?
Hello,

the media card is not a requirement for Roxio.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
ANABOOTH

Do you happen to know why Roxio would display the message, "device not connected?"

Is there another way to download music to a Blackberry?

Please use plain text.