Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
cmap
My Device: Not Specified

Signature greyed out in desktop manager.

hi

We use a BES server and are finding that when users use the desktop software the ability to change the signature is greyed out.Would it be due to either of these policy settings -

Desktop addins is set to false.

Application loader and weblink is set to false.

If its neither of these, any idea what would cause it to be greyed out ? 

Thanks

Elaine

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Signature greyed out in desktop manager.

Hi There!

Well, my first thought is why use the DM software at all under BES? All of the configuration items are available on the device directly and, I think, can also be set via BES policy. I am on BES and never use the desktop client at all -- unless I am contemplating an OS update and want to ensure I have a good backup beforehand. But, to manage my BES conduit, I never use the desktop software.

So, in answer to your question...are those same options greyed out in the device interface? If so, then perhaps it is indeed a policy issue...we'll have to let our BES experts chime in on that one...

Just a thought...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.