Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

quicksilver53
My Device: Not Specified

Simple Syncing -w- Outlook 2007?

New Curve owner here...the last smartphone I had was a Kyocera with the Palm OS. Its desktop manager was a program that opened up on your desktop, and looked exactly like the software on the phone. Say you wanted to enter Calendar items...click on it, the calendar popped up and allowed you to pick or change dates, times, alarms, colors etc...and if you had the phone connected to your computer, it would sync the new info into the phone in a couple of seconds. I was hoping for the same kind of interface with the BlackBerry, but haven't been able to find/access it yet...the four or five icons contained in the Desktop Manager don't seem to take me anywhere...is the software installed correctly, or doesn't the BB software have that kind of interface? If not, is there a simple application out there that will provide an interface between the PC and the phone? I have a lot of information I need to get into the phone and visa versa daily, and trying to copy it all manualy isn't going to cut it. In a perfect world, I would be able to sync the Curve with Outlook 2007's calendar...has anybody been sucsessful in that regard? Thanks in advance!

Dennis

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hclsolutions

Re: Simple Syncing -w- Outlook 2007?

I use a BlackBerry 8310 with officre 2007 and can sync my stuff just fine.......

Are you using a BES or are you just trying to sync from the desktop manager?

Stu

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
jonner

Re: Simple Syncing -w- Outlook 2007?

With BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.2.1 and above you would be able to Synchonize with Outlook 2007.

I suggest you install Desktop manager 4.3 and go to the Synchronize Icon, once there click on the Configuration tab and then the Configure Sync button.

This will lead you to a screan with Address Book, Calendar, Memos, and Tasks listed. Click on the ones you want to configure and then Setup. It will start a wizard to walk you through Configuring to Syn with Outlook 2007

Please use plain text.