Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

Contributor
organum
My Carrier: Vodafone

Since 4.5 I have 2 calendars. How do I combine?

Before 4.5 OS update I had 2 accounts sync'd with BIS on an 8300 and desktop. No problems with calendars which sync'd fine.

Since 4.5 I had difficulties with the calendars so deleted out one account but calendar sync never worked.

I found that all my previous entries are in a calendar called default which does not sync. Going to advanced options I see though that my default calendar is actually my BIS account which only has new entries. This syncs.

I am very worried about loosing the lot since only the BB now has the correct items. Outlook does not and neither does Google calendar.

I have backed up the BB databases and hope this works correct in extremis!!

What to do?

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,747
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Since 4.5 I have 2 calendars. How do I combine?

[ Edited ]
If you have duplicate Calendar or Address Book on your BlackBerry, and you wish to delete the entire Calendar (or Address Book) database on your BlackBerry, follow the directions below. Make certain you have a good copy of your Calendar or Contacts elsewhere, as this procedure will complete delete ALL Calendar entries and/or Address Book entries on your BlackBerry.

1. Open Desktop Manager on your PC.

2. Open up Backup/Restore > Advanced.

3. From Advanced you'll see a split pane screen. The left pain is what is going to be backed up from your device and the right is a list of the currently existing databases.

3. Highlight on the right side your Address Book database (or your Calendar database) and click the arrow in the middle pointing to the left. This will copy the information over and prepare it for back-up.

4. Once the back-up has completed, hit the Clear button at the bottom to erase and clean out the entire address book database (or Calendar database).

5. After it's finished, it will ask you if you want to save the back-up you've created, say yes and check the device to make sure the address book (or calendar) has been properly cleared out. Now, resync the necessary contact information and you should be set to go.
Message Edited by JSanders on 07-19-2009 07:43 AM

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.