If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

Regular Contributor
ewn5711
My Device: Not Specified

Slow Desktop Software

I recently tried to install the desktop software to my PC, but the download was very slow. Any ideas???
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Ben

Re: Slow Desktop Software

Are you refering to the installation or the download?  Because if your download is slow, that has everything to do with your Internet connection.
Please use plain text.
Crobin1

Mine was the same, the installation with the CD was the slowest install I remember, but now that it is installed on my computer I can not even open the program.  It pops up then closes again.  Has anyone else experienced a similar problem?

thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ma077146

If you're downloading the version with Media Manager and/or multi language pack, it more than doubles the size of the download.

http://ezreregister.com
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
DigitalFrog
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Two tips:  Always copy the file to your local PC before installing it.  Don't install directly off the web site as it has to unzip over the web connection if you do and that will slow things down a lot.  Also, when you install you can select the Custom install option and turn off the media manager install if you don't plan to use it.  That will reduce the install time significantly!
posted by DigitalFrog