Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

Trusted Contributor
sheldonbk
My Device: Q10, Z10, PlayBook 32

Sync Error - Caught.com_error exception description ()(null) Error The procedure number is out of range

I am using Windows 8, Outlook 2013, Desktop Manager (Windows) 7.1.0.32 (although I installed 7.1.0.33, it shows .32 in help). I am syncing with 9900 (7.1.0.746 hybrid)

I have read that Windows 8 isn't supported yet by RIM but sync was working for a while both under Windows 8 and after I upgraded to Outlook 2013. So, even if Windows 8/Outlook 2013 are not yet supported, I suspect that it is an old issue unrelated to Win 8/Outlook 2013.

The error message received during sync is always -- "Caught.com_error exception description ()(null) Error The procedure number is out of range" - no error number. After I clear the error message, I receive the message that the sync has completed but it has not gone thru the usual checking/verification and upon checking, my device isn't truly sync'd.

I have searched both these support forums and the KB...

- One KB search brought me to KB32032 (recurring calendar appointment issue). I removed all recurring monthly calendar items, old recurring entries, etc.

- uninstalling Desktop Manager (including data) and reinstallingdoing

- clean organizer configuration and attempting separately only one of calendar, memo, tasks, contacts. I received the same error each time.

.. among other things

Any thoughts would be most appreciated

Thanks in advance,

Sheldon

Twitter: @sheldonbk
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
sheldonbk

Re: Sync Error - Caught.com_error exception description ()(null) Error The procedure number is out of range

[ Edited ]

Tried clean wipe and reinstall. Immediately after reinstall of DM, in setting up my 9900 "for the first time", I received the following error message...

"Either there is no default email client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please open Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client."

I opened Outlook 2013 and checked that it was the default mail client. It was already.

After going in and clicking to confirm default email client, I was allowed to proceed to configure organizer sync settings. I configured memo only (one way from device). I then received the same error message that I was receiving (per my original post in the last message). I've previously tried configuring only one type of organizer sync and not one of them completed a successful sync, so it can't be a bad entry in the calendar or contacts. I also tried deleting CICAL entries for all of email addresses other than my primary one. No difference. Also, prior to setup and sync, I confirmed that my 9900 was not on wireless sync.

I was hoping that this was an old issue and I could use one of the old work-arounds, so if anyone has any ideas for something else to try, please let me know.

In the mean time, I  have to assume that it's something that's changed with Outlook 2013 (particularly given the new error message I reported above. I hope that someone at RIM is aware of these error messages and is working on a compatibility fix for Office 2013.

Thanks in advance,

Sheldon

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
sheldonbk

Re: Sync Error - Caught.com_error exception description ()(null) Error The procedure number is out of range

Win 8 compatibility is addressed by RIM's article at http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=B462D1BCA7818C8F24F8B573836A43FD?...

I followed their information on that. Still not working.

So that leaves me with Outlook 2013 compatibility

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ta1835
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

Having basically all the same problems as you.  Windows 8 is no longer 'new' we need a working solution.  Outlook 2013 is an rtm version now so we are pushing it to have it working HOWEVER when Office 2013 is official this should all just work!  Any progress on your side yet?

msr
Please use plain text.