Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

Visitor
GeekWannabe
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Telus

Sync Error - MAPI logon failed (Outlook)

Hi -

Bold 9700, software is 6.0, bundle 2921, free memory 38541743; battery pull did not fix the issue.

Also tried re-booting computer and using a different USB port.

The error:

During the synchronization process, where the appointments in Outlook and on the Bberry would sync, an error pops up pretty quickly, box title says "Synchronization Error", box text says "MAPI Logon Failed - Please run Outlook with the profile "Outlook" selected and try again."

I could only find the profile information in the mail settings from the Control Panel, and the only option, which was selected, was "Outlook".  I could not find any other access to "profile", as suggested by the error message.

Outlook is from MS Office 2010.  Computer is HP Pavilion dv6.  Using WIndows 7.

Any assistance would be most appreciated!

Please use plain text.
OmarKitchlew
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Sync Error - MAPI logon failed (Outlook)

I had the same problem once I upgraded today to Blackberry Desktop Software Version 7.0.0.59.  This messed everything up.

Please use plain text.
tcorn
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: t-mobile

I am receiving the exact same error message when trying to sync my Bold 9650 with Outlook 2010.  My mail server is Hotmail and I"m using Outlook 2010.  I just downloaded the latest version of BB desktop manager.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please use plain text.
AdamSte
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9380
My Carrier: A1

Same here!

I even restarted my Outlook and changed the settings so that Outlook would ask me which profile I wanted to use, even though I just have one....

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Tulba
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile / Orange

Hi All,

I was using my Torch then upgraded to a Bold 9900 and it just won't work.

I've even set up a new Outlook profile ("Outlook1") and pointed the Desktop Manager to that in the sync options and I get the same error.

Any advice would be gratefully received!

P

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Hison1948
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Orange

I have a Blackberry Torch 9800 and since upgrading to V7.0.0.59 of BBM Desktop Software I am getting the MAPI error. No problems before that update so something in the new version has affected the synchronization process. I use Windows XP and use MS Outlook.  The profile detail in Outlook shows MAPI. Can someone help please.

Cheers

Aitchie

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Hison1948

An update from me  re the MAPI error. I have removed the latest software update and reinstalled  it with the same result (i.e. MAPI) error.  Given that there has been a number of  users experiencing the same problem. I have visited the website to see if I can get the earlier version with the objective or reinstalling that but can only download the latest.

Any suggestions  from fellow users welcome.

Cheers

Aitchie

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello,

I recommend a totally clean "start over"...here's a process:

It has been RIM standard procedure to only provide access (via their official portals) to the latest Desktop Software version...many disagree with that approach, but can't change it. If you dig around the carrier download portals, maybe you'll find one that still posts an older version:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Hison1948

Hi

Thanks for the information much appreciated. I have also tried a repair on Outlook using the original installation disc but without success. My media syncs okay. I will follow the advice and see where we get but I am very uncomfortable tweeking registry settings so will take the advice in red. Thanks for the support anyway and I presume some somewhere in the RIM set up monitors this support site and should be picking up common threads. The fix is long winded for what should have been a simple update. I have meetings today so will attempt when I have time  later in the week

Cheers

Aitchie

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mindyfs
My Device: Curve 9330
My Carrier: Verizon

I'm having  same problem...wished i never did this upgrade..

Please use plain text.