Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

ericguer
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Sync: Multiple Instance Error Causes Desktop Manager to Fail

I can no longer sync my Outloook calendar with my Bold 9650 using Desktop Manager 6 (bundle 3084). I failed multiple times, rebooted each device and tried again but still receive the same error. Error is a message from Windows that Desktop Manager has stopped working. The last few entries in the log indicate:

08:55:35.962 Sync information for application 'Calendar' in translator 'Outlook' --

08:55:35.962 Number of newly added records since last sync (New): 482

08:55:35.962 Number of records modified since last sync (Modified): 0

08:55:35.962 Number of records deleted since last sync (Deleted): 0

08:55:35.965 Performing two-way sync

08:55:35.966 ERROR: Multiple instance error. Remove a recurring instance or exception on (11/8/2011).

08:55:35.966 ERROR: Multiple instance error. Remove a recurring instance or exception "Bi-weekly Leadership Team Call".

I saw an entry in the Outlook calendar related to the error, but not in the BB calendar, and deleted it but this did not resolve the problem. At this point, I cannot get DM to complete synchronization. Has anyone else experienced this and identified a resolution?

thanks,

eric

Please use plain text.
vandjo00
My Device: Bold 9900 Touch
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: Sync: Multiple Instance Error Causes Desktop Manager to Fail

Hi Eric,

Did you manage to resolve this? I have the same error and cannot get DM to complete the sync.

Thanks,
Johann
Please use plain text.