Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
natehine
My Device: Not Specified

Sync problem with 2 computers

I have a very frustrating problem with my Blackberry.

I sync my BB with my desktop computer and my laptop.  Things happen smoothly and with no errors - but it is very difficult to get the same information on all three devices.

When I change an item (Task, Contact, Calendar, or Note) on computer A, the BB is updated with that information, as it should be.  Where the problem arises is when I subsequently sync with computer B.  At that point, the sync doesn't recognize that the information on the BB has changed, so it doesn't update on computer B.  Then if I change the same item on computer B, it overwrites the previous change on the BB, so I lose the first change that had gotten there from computer A.  After a while, computers A and B are very different in their data, and the BB is a random combination of the 2.

The only way I have found around this problem is go to the item (after the first sync above) in the BB, edit it, and save it.  At that point, computer B now recognizes that the item has changed on the BB, and it updates the item on computer B.

Since I make frequent changes on both computers, this whole process is a tremendous hassle.

There must be a flag in the BB that is set when an item is updated on the BB, but it doesn’t get set after a sync-driven change.  Hence the subsequent sync doesn’t know about the change, and treats the item’s data as old.

The thing of it is, I used a series of Treos for years, and never had this kind of problem.  This is the one area that makes me regret having switched mobile platforms – and it’s a big, daily regret.

I have updated the desktop software to the latest version (several times), without this behavior being affected.

Here are my system specifics:

Blackberry:

Verizon World Edition

Model 8830

Firmware version V4.2.2.176

Desktop manager version 4.6.0.12

Computers:

Windows XP

Outlook 2003

Help?

Thanks!

- Nate

Please use plain text.
purr

Re: Sync problem with 2 computers

I am having this same issue. I have spent hours searching forums for a solution. natehine, have you found any solution? anyone else have any ideas? I have a pearl 8130 through sprint and per their website I am using desktop manager 4.3. However, thinking DM 4.7 would fix the issue I upgraded and still had the same problem (so I have reverted back to 4.3). I can sync fine on one PC but once I try to sync changes to the other PC (doesn't matter which order) I they are not recognized. Any help to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
natehine

Re: Sync problem with 2 computers

I still don't have a solution.

But I am glad to hear that I'm not the only one with the problem!

Please use plain text.