Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

willieuys
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodacom

Sync problems between BB & laptop

I use a Blackberry Curve 8520

Just lately I have picked up a problem with the synchronization between my Blackberry and Laptop – working for the past year or more.

The first error message was:

“A program error occurred at line 131 in.\Error.cpp. Please report this error by sending a log to technical support”.

As a precaution I re-booted my handheld and also re-installed the software on my Laptop.

I then got the following message:

“CRTtrasColl::smileyfrustrated:etDST TransInfoByName Empty nodelist for tag: Common TransTypeAndAttributes”

It goes through the whole process but nothing is sync’ed.

Please can you help me

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Sync problems between BB & laptop

Hey Willieeuys,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

Please have a look at the following article that covers error "A program error occurred at line 131 in .\Error.cpp. Please report this error by sending a log to technical support."

Recurring appointments of a specific pattern cause the sync to fail with an error message in BlackBerry® Desktop Software
http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB32032

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
RayGodwin
My Device: Blackberry Curve & Torch
My Carrier: Vodafone & Virgin Mobile

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB32032

link shows a blank page : (

Please use plain text.
awesterheim
My Device: 8830
My Carrier: Verizon

When I updated to the most recent version of the desktop software a week ago, it broke my synchonization - error 131.... I have read the article, and I have no monthly recurring entries - still doesn't work. I think there may be a problem of an old deleted entry that doesn't appear in Outlook or my blackberry that was a recurring monthly appointment - I got a reminder for it today in Outlook, but the appointment isn't there OR on my blackberry.  I think its not 100% deleted and maybe this is causing the trouble.  Can't use my calendar on my device until this is fixed.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
RayGodwin
My Device: Blackberry Curve & Torch
My Carrier: Vodafone & Virgin Mobile

Seem to have it working not sure which of these actions sorted it.

Deletd FB app but not sure if I needed to or not.

I deleted FB which had associated itself with the Calendar, the phone rebboted.

Then I went into Options/Device/Advanced System Settings/Service Book and scrolled down to Facebook Calender CICAL and deleted it.

I went to BB Desktop Manager and went to Organizer/Calendar/Configure and changed sync direction to one way to device only. I then I checked sync upcoming entries only, synced the Calendar data only to test (unchecked the contacts, tasks and memos) and it worked.

Maybe the error is in a past entry on the phone Calendar and just switching to upcoming entries only avoids the problem.

As I say, the Facebook deletion and it's associated CICAL removal may not have been part of this problem, but I am sure glad to have one default diary instead of some appointements going to the default calendar and some to FB one.

Please use plain text.