Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Sync with Outlook deletes old calendar entries

I can't get to my desktop manager know, is ther not an option to transfer all, or is 180 the longest options?
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Golf4long
My Device: Not Specified

Tried that - instead of deleting the same 5appointments, it now wants to delete a total of 34 appoinments in Outlook.

I truly appreciate your insight & efforts - next step?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Are all the correct appointments on Outlook, can we delete the BB calendar?

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Golf4long

[ Edited ]

I'm not on a BES, so I cannot find any CICAL service books to delete - can you point me to an article on how to delete the calendar from the handheld via the desktop manager?  The Outlook appointments are all OK, so we can blow away the handheld calendar & data without any problem.

Thanks!

Just cleared data via the back-up & restore function on desktop manager and have re-synched with data from Outlook - no problems.

Let's see if this remedies the problem - I'll add an appoinment from handheld & Outlook and re-synch.

Message Edited by Golf4long on 09-02-2008 03:20 PM
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Go to calender on the bb, get into Agenda view, select a datepast all your appointments, I picked may 2010.

Once on that date press menu key, option delete prior. You should have a completely blank calender.

Let me know.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Golf4long

Bingo!

Synching properly and no more deletions - keeping messages forever.

Thanks Bifocal!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Thank me when it's done :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cgonzales

I'm having this same calendar swap/delete problem and wanted to see if clearing the calendar on the device then fixed the issue.

So far still good?

We had 56 calendar items that kept swapping back and forth - but then occasionally some old ones would be deleted too.  I removed all items from the calendar on the device but the sync now wants to delete those items from Outlook ..? we even told the desktop software to only "add to device", so I'm not sure what's up.  Interested to see if it worked for you.  We are using Desktop software version 4.3.0.17 with a brand new 8830 that is not even 1 week old!

Thanks to all -

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Hi cgonzales,

Please go to the main page, use the option on the grey bar  called New Message

This will give you your own thread which more people will read, therefore more help and a quicker

solution!

Thanks,

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
garybman58

I have found the best way to correct this ongoing problem of the Blackberry wanting to delete old calendar entries even after the BB setting is set to "Save Forever" and it still wants to delete entries is to do the following:
Make sure your BB is connected to your computer and the Device Manager is recognizing your BB. (If it's set to sync when you connect, that's fine, let it sync and when it tells you it wants to delete X number of calendar entries just click "reject" and let it finish.
Bring up your Desktop Manager and go to Organizer/Configure Settings.
Highlight "Calendar <-> Microsoft Outlook".
In the "Select a desktop application" screen select "Microsoft Outlook" and click next.
In the "Synchronization options" screen select "One way sync to Device and be sure to check the "Replace all data in the target application" box.
In the "Microsoft Outlook options for Calendar" screen select "Transfer all scheduled items" and check "Remove alarm for past items" and click next and then finish.
Resync your BB and this will put all your old appointments from Outlook onto your BB. Once that is done, go back to the instructions above but change the option from "One way sync" back to "Two way sync" and continue to the end.
From that point on, things should be okay! This worked for me with my BB 8530...
Hope this helps! Good luck!

Edit/Delete Message

Please use plain text.