Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
new2012
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Synchronization Error Message

[ Edited ]

After upgrading the desktop software to 7.1, I am no longer able to sync with my Outlook Calendar. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook and the desktop software and even tried using 7.0 again, but nothing has helped. I've gotten a few different synchronization error messages. The latest is this:

CRTransColl:: SetDSTransInfoByName Empty nodelist for tag: CommonTransTypeAndAttributes

What does that mean? I haven't been able to find a mention of this error message on the boards.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Synchronization Error Message

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Please post the following info:

PC manufacturer and model

What version of WIndows OS (please specify 32-64 bit.

What version of MS Outlook is installed

Which version of Desktop Software you upgraded to 7.1 initially

What version of device OS you are running on your Curve 9800

What version of device OS you have loaded into the desktop manager

While you gather that info I will check the error message from the MS Windows support side. I have attached some similar error messages but not your specific message.

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB03295 How to verify which version of BlackBerry smartphone software is installed on the computer using BlackBerry Desktop Software

KB05349 How to extract the event logs on a BlackBerry smartphone

KB12268 Synchronization support for BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows

KB31008 Error "Careened:: GetLinkedRecordId : Invalid linked record Id" is displayed when synchronizing with the BlackBerry Desktop Software

KB29931 Error "Unable to get default folder for <PIM Item>" when Synchronizing with BlackBerry Desktop Software 7.0

Late add:  Desktop Software Release notes for 7.1

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
new2012

Thanks for trying to help! I've uninstalled everything and will try to install everything again (using the directions for doing so "cleanly") this weekend when I have some free time. I already have the log for the error and can post it if that will help. In the meantime, here are my responses to your questions: 

PC manufacturer and model: Toshiba Portege R705

What version of WIndows OS (please specify 32-64 bit.: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Operating System

What version of MS Outlook is installed: 2010

Which version of Desktop Software you upgraded to 7.1 initially: 7.0

What version of device OS you are running on your Curve 9800: 5.0.0.900

What version of device OS you have loaded into the desktop manager: I don't know, but in preparation for doing the clean install I downloaded 5.0 and will use it.

Thanks again.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
frederico
My Device: Blackberry 9670
My Carrier: Sprint

Invalid linked record Id. BB has been working on it for quite a while. No answer. The desktop software has messed up my address book so badly. Now it won't even sync. I guess I will switch to another brand.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
new2012

[ Edited ]

I finally got mine to sync after doing the clean uninstall and reinstall like I said I would in my last post. It isn't perfect, but it's usable right now. I'm considering an iPhone in the future, so I can keep using Outlook. Looks like RIM is losing interest in its business.

I'd still really like to know more about what went wrong in the first place.

Good luck with your phone!

Please use plain text.