Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
mspeers
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

SynchronizationErrorCRTranRec

When attempting to synchronize my calendar data, after the 19th record is looked at, everything stops with the error:

Synchronization Error CRTranRec::GetLinkedRecordId:

I found something like this but it was for contacts.  I have no idea how to even find the 19th record in calendar info.  I happens if I try 1-way sync, Blackberry to PC or 2-way.  I have tried just future calendar items as well as all items, and same problem.

Since this is data that I really need to have on both PC and Blackberry, what can I do?

There is always the iPhone and Mac solution, but I would rather stay with RIM and my Blackberry.

I have the Blackberry Torch 9800 and the latest Blackberry Decktop Software.

HELP, please.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: SynchronizationErrorCRTranRec

Hey mspeers,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

To resolve this issue we will need to gather some logs.  Please contact your network service provider and asked to be transferred to RIM™.

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
elliecellie
My Device: 9790
My Carrier: mobile

found out the address book records with picture not there (from Facebook appl) by this method.

In Tools-Desktop Options-Configure Sync Logging Options set Logging Method-Full (default is None).

Then do the sync, when error comes and sync finishes; under Help (? on top right hand side) select 'Support Resources'->'Organizer Sync Logs' (this html file is saved under
C:\Documents and Settings\<current user>\Local Settings\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Desktop\XCPCSync.OEM\SyncSDK.209.601\Log).

Open the file in browser or html editor. Go to bottom. Go up a few lines and you will find the entry with the picture problem.

Go to blackberry handset address book, locate the address and delete the picture.

Again resync and repeat this process till you don't get any more sync error.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chtab
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: SFR

I had such a behavior while I was synchronizing with .ics files.

Desktop manager is aborting if an event or task had been modified on the PC calendar (mine was lightning)

The only way I've found was to open the .ics file with notepad and identify the event which makes syncronization abort. Then I'have erased the all structure of the event, you can also erase it using your C calendar software.

Please use plain text.