If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

Visitor
creamy_goodness
My Device: Not Specified

Synchronize with Outlook Problems...

I have a BB Curve, and MS Outlook with Windows XP on my desktop.  I no longer can synchronize my calendars between my BB and Outlook on my desktop...this used to work - but now when I try to synchronize, I get a message saying "unable to complete request".  All I am synchronizing is the calender (no contacts or anything else).  What can I try to do to fix this?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Lucky_shot

Re: Synchronize with Outlook Problems...

I am having similar problems that just started this past week.  I can't seem to find any information anywhere about how to resolve the issue.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bberryfusion

i'm having a similar problem with mine. had the 8100 pearl for about 9mths with no problems. upgrade to the 8120 and with it came new sware - 4.3. Went to load that on the pc but struck an error. My IT guys analyse, decide to create a new profile for me in outlook, then load the software with no problems.

synch up the new 8120 ok the first time. second time it adds the calendar appointments again - duplicates all 433 records on the handset. so i delete them and then re-configure synchronisation. synch up fine about twice then the dtm crashes on about the 3rd synch. repeats the crash a few times so i start looking for help. Follow all the advice i can find then uninstall the new software, re-install it and then get my old pearl and it synchs just fine. So i do the switch device wizard so i have the last week or so of emails from the new device on teh old one.

i take the new one back to the store & tell them it's faulty. Back to the office and synch up the new one? no way, the dtm crashes at the same outlook calendar record # 187!

back to the internet to sort it out. 2 days later and 3 uninstall/reinstalls later - including the latest go which follows the 5 step process on teh bberry website, including deleting the C:\Blackberry folder. reinstall and teh same crash!

i can't get passed record 187 of 433 no matter what i do. maybe there was a bug in teh new 8120 that i migrated back on to the 8100 when i did the switch wizard? maybe a dtm sware problem with windows XP outlook 2003?

help anyone?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
metroberry
My Device: Bold 9000 BES OS 4.6.0.162

[ Edited ]

First, Have you moved any information in Outlook from memos, contacts, tasks, calenders, or e-mails into another folder, or a personal folder? 

Solution Number 1

1) Go to Backup and Restore in Desktop Manager. 

2) Backup your blackberry.  Save the file on your desktop (it will include the date in the file name)

3) Wipe your blackberry, go to "options", then "security options", then "general settings" press the menu button, and then select "wipe handheld", click "continue" and enter "blackberry", let it wipe and restart.

4) Before you restore the data, synchronize again with Desktop Manager.

5)  If the synchronization works, then it may have been a virus that is now wiped out. 

6)  Restore data, open up desktop manager, go to Back Up and Restore and restore the file from the desktop.

Solution Number 2

If this does not work I would suggest it is a problem with Desktop Manager.  In that case I would open up Desktop Manager and click on "Synchronize"  Click on "Configuration" and then "Configure Synchronization", then checkmark "address book," a window will pop open, select "Microsoft Outlook", now look at the folder name, Make sure that is the correct folder name and location.  Do that for Calender, Memopad, and tasks.  Then click "OK".  Go to "Synchronize", then click "Synchronize now" 

Message Edited by metroberry on 04-22-2008 01:55 PM
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
metroberry

Creamy Goodness:  As for solution 2, you will only need to checkmark calender.  Do not select memos, addressbook, or tasks.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
metroberry

[ Edited ]

bberryfusion

Check your memory aswell.  Go to options, and then status.  Make sure you have enough internal memory on your device.

Another thing to try is to go into desktop manager, click on "Synchronize" and then "Reset configuration"  Also, go into Backup and Restore while your blackberry is connected to your computer, Click "Advanced"  Find Calender in the list, and then click "clear"  Then try another synchronization.

Message Edited by metroberry on 04-22-2008 02:36 PM
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
metroberry

I also saw this from another thread:

"for that error that you are receviing, I am going to send you a link to the TKC on blackberry.com it will tell you how to enable advanced logging. I will also tell you how to look at the log file to find the corrupt entry in your calendar.

As for the .net error, I would advise you to upgrade the .net on your machine as that error has nothing to do with the BlackBerry.

Here is the KB # 04427 if you go to blackberry.com and do a search for that KB. I would provide the link, but I have yet to make 10posts. :smileyvery-happy:

To look at the log file you will need to open the tif.log located back in the Intellisync folder. It will open with Notepad, so just scroll right to the bottom of the document and you will then notice a value in there called subject= "name of subject" (what you need to look for is the subject name in the quote marks)

Then you need to do an advanced find in your calendar in Outlook and remove that entry in the quote marks. Then you need to do another sync, if you don't get any more errors then change the values back to normal in the ilopt.cfg file.
"

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bberryfusion

hi Metroberry,

thanks very much for your quick response and help!

so, i tried solution 1 and that boosted me along to entry 191 of 433 odd calendar entries before the same crash occurred. i didn't resore the data but went straight to solution 2 and got to entry 191 again.

i checked the device memory - all good there too. i also tried clearing the calendar - no luck there either.

HOWEVER - went to advanced logging, found a calendar entry in " " and it was my weekly meeting : 1pm - 2pm each wednesday for the rest of my life. back to outlook to delete that series, synched up all the way, baby!!!!!! how stoked am I?!?!?

Thanks so much, you rock!

now i've just got to get the new pearl back from the service technician!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
aapierre

I've backed up my Curve 8310

I had previously been able to sync with outlook with no probs.

but

Now it won't let me as it says i have conflicts on the BB and the outlook.

I've set the sync manager to Handheld Device wins and shut down the DM and done a battery pull.

the address book, tasks and memo's all work well

Reading from handheld calendar

Record 73 of 73 records

Then the error box opens with

Intellisync

Duplicate records found on the device

Please use plain text.