01-06-2009 09:57 PM
01-07-2009 01:39 AM
01-07-2009 07:05 AM
01-07-2009 01:26 PM
01-08-2009 04:05 PM
01-08-2009 04:48 PM
As it turns out, you can use DM v4.2.2 with a Storm but you need a new device manager to do it. In a last ditch effort to try to save my Storm, I contacted Verizon (primarily to get instructions on how to return it) and they sent me over to someone at BlackBerry. It seems that I finally got someone at BlackBerry who actually appeared to give a d*** whether I could solve my sync problem. The BlackBerry tech readily acknowledged that, given all that I'd already tried, DM v4.7 just wasn't going to work on my computer with my Storm and v4.2.2 was the version he immediately recommended, along with a software package from Verizon. He told me to download DM v4.2.2 (multi-language with media manager) from BlackBerry's website then go to Verizon's website and download "VZAccess Manager" (version needed depends on the device -- for a Storm, I needed v6.9.0). Once I'd installed both of those pieces of software, I connected my Storm to my computer and it worked perfectly. Initial sync with my Outlook 2003 contacts and calendar zapped through without so much as a hiccup. The Verizon website where I got the VZAccess Manager piece is at http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry.
So my Storm is going to live to see another day! For those folks with a Storm that came from Verizon, this workaround for the troublesome DM v4.7 may be the key until RIM fixes v4.7. It's certainly working for me.
02-04-2009 09:14 PM - edited 02-04-2009 09:14 PM
Had the same problem, turns out it was McAfee "VirusScan." In the VirusScan Console there is a line named "Access Protection. I selected it, brought up "Properties" then "File, Share, and Folder Protection." Turns out there were many blocked actions that I never asked it to do. . . Things like preventing files from being created, etc.
I disabled (unchecked) all the rules and hit OK. Now synchronization works. Hope this helps.
02-11-2009 09:28 AM
I'm not sure if someone gave you the solution, but here's one that I found on another site that worked for me. I'm running Windows XP and Destop Man 4.7, but I gather the solution will work for you too.
Click START then RUN then type "regedit" then look for "Research in Motion" on the left side", expand that, then expand the folder on the left that says "blackberry", then expand the fold on the left that says that says "syncronize" four items appear on the right side the third one down says "state", (if its not there, then check to see if its in the further nested folder that has an alphnumeric name) right click on "state" to modify, when the box opens change the number in "Value Data" from a 6 to a 0 then hit "ok".
It was as simple as that.
Hope that helps.
02-11-2009 10:57 AM