Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

mrzippy55
My Device: Curve 9330
My Carrier: Sprint

Two Phones on Same Desktop? Second Phone as Backup?

I've searched for an answer to this. I've found posts that touch on it but don't completely answer it for me.

I'm syncing a Curve 9330, OS 6, to Outlook on my Win 7 desktop. I want to get a new Blackberry, Bold or Torch, OS7, and sync the new phone as I have the old one.
I don't want to also sync the old phone but I want to use it as a backup since I use it in my business. I want to occasionally do a one way copy from Outlook to the old phone OR
restore a current backup to the old phone so it has current data in case I should need it.
I read enough places about changing phones but it sounds like BB Desktop forgets the old phone.
Is there a way to do what I want, occasionally copy Outlook data to a second phone?

THANKS!!!!

Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Two Phones on Same Desktop? Second Phone as Backup?

Hello mrzippy55,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

The best way to go about it would be to perform synchronization using the BlackBerry Desktop Software using your primary device, then creating a backup file using the BlackBerry Desktop Software (You can set it to automatically do so within you preffered time increments.)

If you ever need to add the data back to the secondary device you can just restore the backup file when needed instead of using the synchronization process.

We hope this helps.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
mrzippy55
My Device: Curve 9330
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Two Phones on Same Desktop? Second Phone as Backup?

Great! Easier than I thought.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.